Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear tyres advice

Welcome mate,

The original exhaust is too heavy and quiet! If you can stretch it get a nice Ti one ( light, no drone ) and your NSX will be happier.

Cheers,

AR
    Last edited by AR; 19-11-2007 at 10:48 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    It all depends on your budget mate.

If it was me I gould go for the recommended sizes with RE 040/050 front and rear, as I had them on the NSX-R and they were great. You can't get the recommended tyres anymore in the UK.

How new are your fronts?

BTW there is a new members section at the front so you can tell us more about your car and yourself.

Cheers,

AR
    Hello AR, thanks for the advice. The fronts are good with lots of wear left - hence my reluctance to replace them.

Richard

I would say, then get Toyos for the Back in 255/40/17.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Dont think so, Richard says '97 whereas the PapaPhil car is a 96 IIRC

Welcome anyway Richard and please tell us more about your new toy.

regards,
    I stand corrected. Welcome anyway.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Welcome Richard too! I agree with Ary, get Toyos on the rear too as they are popular with some members here and you will match the fronts! If you post some pics IDC, can't wait to see your sat nav system and especially the rear camera set up! Also never seen an NSX with parking sensors! Pics please when your ready!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    If you post some pics IDC, can't wait to see your sat nav system and especially the rear camera set up! Also never seen an NSX with parking sensors! Pics please when your ready!
    Me too at the moment I am in two minds about changing the OEM Bose or keeping it.

Cheers,

AR

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Welcome mate,

The original exhaust is too heavy and quiet! If you can stretch it get a nice Ti one ( light, no drone ) and your NSX will be happier.

Cheers,

AR
    Hello AR - do you have any websites or contacts for the Ti exhausts? Do you know if Senina's quad pipes are the same spec?

Richard

8. Default Tyre sizes

Sorry, my computer timed out after I'd written a long, informative reply...Maybe next time.

What I wanted to really know was am I affecting the car's handling because my tyres are oversoze at both ends by 15mm?

Any advice is most welcome.

Also, does anyone have a contact for the Ti 'zorsts?

Richard

9. Default

VTEDIRECT in the traders section for zorsts. its barry whos selling the nsx-r in the cars for sale section
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

10. Default

Thanks very much Dan - nice NSX-R - just like mine except + some!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast