Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear tyres advice

1. Default

james the closest to your RE010s is the REO50 - or 40. they natuyarally followed on ina sort or way.

But cheaper tires are out there as above. personally id never have toyos, too sloppy for me and go off. Make such a difference to the cars ive drove with them on and off compared to poternzas.
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

I had to go down to 40 profile at front to get GY 215s.

G
    '93 Sebring Silver : sadly now sold
    '93 Range Rover LSE : now LPG so 11mpg not so bad. If I replace any more parts it'll be a new car.
    '07 Landie Defender 110 SW XS: heated seats!!! they'll be asking us to wash it next....
    '96 MX5 : project car
    '09 Honda XL125V : new hobby

Just rang a number of suppliers, seems that if I go down the GY route with the rears, whether 245 or 255, there are no GY for fronts in 215 45 16 or 225 45 16!! So GSUDs, you have 215 40 16 ( I assume you have standard 16s 94+ front wheels? Does it affect the handling or the speedo? So do you have 245 on the rears or 255? Thanks
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 15-11-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Yes, I'm afraid I just went to 40 profile for expediency, and it's really made no discernable difference at all to speedo or handling - it's the only option currently if you want GY all round.

G
    '93 Sebring Silver : sadly now sold
    '93 Range Rover LSE : now LPG so 11mpg not so bad. If I replace any more parts it'll be a new car.
    '07 Landie Defender 110 SW XS: heated seats!!! they'll be asking us to wash it next....
    '96 MX5 : project car
    '09 Honda XL125V : new hobby

Thanks, gonna order some GY next week I think!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Thanks, gonna order some GY next week I think!
    Hello guys. I've just bought a 97' NSX with TOYO Proxes 225 45 ZR16s on the front and Goodyear Eagle 255 40 ZR17s on the back. The handling seems fine to me - yes, a little heavy at walking speeds and some understeer when pushing on in the wet, but I imagine this is normal for the car?
    I will need a new tyre on the rear soon and want to do the best thing - do I junk all tyres and buy a matching set or get Eagles all round or go for he recommended Potenzas?
    Any advice is most welcome.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richard grigsby View Post
    Hello guys. I've just bought a 97' NSX with TOYO Proxes 225 45 ZR16s on the front and Goodyear Eagle 255 40 ZR17s on the back. The handling seems fine to me - yes, a little heavy at walking speeds and some understeer when pushing on in the wet, but I imagine this is normal for the car?
    I will need a new tyre on the rear soon and want to do the best thing - do I junk all tyres and buy a matching set or get Eagles all round or go for he recommended Potenzas?
    Any advice is most welcome.
    Richard
    It all depends on your budget mate.

If it was me I gould go for the recommended sizes with RE 040/050 front and rear, as I had them on the NSX-R and they were great. You can't get the recommended tyres anymore in the UK.

How new are your fronts?

BTW there is a new members section at the front so you can tell us more about your car and yourself.

Cheers,

AR

If I am not mistaken, I suspect Richard has bought the Ex Papa/PSpanner car?

Welcome!!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    If I am not mistaken, I suspect Richard has bought the Ex Papa/PSpanner car?

Welcome!!

SS
    Dont think so, Richard says '97 whereas the PapaPhil car is a 96 IIRC

Welcome anyway Richard and please tell us more about your new toy.

regards,
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

10. Default

Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome. I bought my car from Ivan at Honda Chiswick who I have been keeping in touch with for a year or so. I'm happy with the way he dealt with the sale and look forward to not having to deal with the pomposity of German brands (Mercs) for the future. My car's a Charlotte Green Targa with 48K miles and the previous owner was also called Richard. It is spotless apart from showing a bit of wear on the driver's seat where you slide in and out (so to speak). It's got a tan interior which I like as it goes well with the dark green - I didn't want anything too flashy as I drive it once a week or so with my job and want to re-live my youth as subtly as I can.
    I had Greg at Auto Audio fit sat nav, CD and phone hoook up, along with a rear view camera (for the novelty factor) and a front parking sensor (for parking of course). I'm 90% happy with the kit and the American Nav' voice is very funny - 'Please drive to highlighted rowt' always makes me smile.
    I think the earlier cars are very pretty from virtually all angles but would like to sort the back end with some nicer looking exhausts and lower splitter and particularly like the set up on the platinum grey NSX featured in the 'Garage'. A the same time I hear a lot of comments saying 'keep it original' so I plan to drive it a lot more before I modify. I am up for the odd track day and maybe the 'ring so please give me a prod if I don't respond to ads etc.
    BTW this is my 8th Honda - all the rest were motorbikes!
    Richard
    Last edited by richard grigsby; 20-11-2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: typos + more detail

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast