Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear tyres advice

Barry is good to deal with for NSX bits, and local ( UK ), Paul's Quad tips is a custom made exhaust by H&S.

Cheers,

AR

2. Default More Tyre questions

I need to get some new rears, so originally I was thinking, get same as I had, then fronts can stay (I don't run mis-matched so always replace 2 and if changing brand/tyre, then all 4)

Anyway, I currently have Bridgestone RE010s all round. I have just rung Honda to be told that they no longer do the RE010s for the rear and so they quoted for Bridgestone RE050s

So, this means I need new fronts as well ..... but they don't do RE050s for the front!!

So, no Bridgestone option it appears. (I won't use RE040s)

What have other people found that works well? I have OEM fitments so front 21545ZR16 and rear 24540ZR17

If worst comes to it and I cannot get a matched set in the different sizes, is there any problem if I fit the newer wheels (17s all round)?

The only option you have sticking with BS, is to go RE040 fronts, so why do you not want them? Simon, plus a few here use this combo RE040 fronts and RE050 rears. The only thing I can think off is that the RE040 are only rated to 149-150 mph?, but how often are you driving at that speed?

Unless you fancy upgrading the alloys, then I think buying an extra set to justify more tyre options is false economy? Alot of member are now using GY F1 GSD3 rears 245 40 17, but 215 40 16 fronts on 94+ wheel! Or gone the Toyo TR-1 route, slightly cheaper than BS & GY, but still a great tyre, but wear is less than the GY, but same as BS. HTH
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

4. Default

I don't want to go 40s at the front for 2 reasons .... first being that I want to run same tyres all round, second being the 40s don't have a good reputation. (Also these carry an advisory that you need to notify your insurance company)

Most of the feel you get through the steering is from the front tyres, so having fronts that behave (even slightly) different from the rears isn't a good thing. If I wasn't bothered about that, I'd just stick with the RE010s at the front as they have loads of tread still.

I don't really want to spend for new wheels - just as the fronts are an unusual size, it isn't easy getting matched sets.

The best option then is to stick to BS and go the RE050 route on the rear then.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

6. Default

But they don't do RE050s for the front.

I was ready to order the RE050s until I was told not available for the fronts - that is the problem - how to get a matched set.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraViolet View Post
    how to get a matched set.
    You can't without changing from the standard size as discussed previously unless you go against EU regulations or live in Japan!

Most of us have accepted it and either mix front from rear or down size the front or go 225/45/16

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by UltraViolet View Post
    I don't want to go 40s at the front for 2 reasons .... first being that I want to run same tyres all round, second being the 40s don't have a good reputation. (Also these carry an advisory that you need to notify your insurance company)
    Where does it say that? I could see the point if you were running time attack tyres, but for a street tyre???

FWIW I had 40 and 50 on my NSX-R on Type S wheels ( Currently on Simon's Press car ) and they felt fine.

Cheers,

AR

9. Default Tyres

http://www.yokohamatire.com/oemtirei...sp?tireID=1005

Does anyone use OE Yokohama's ? Are these not the best tyres for the NSX? Made to correct tyre sizes, matched front to rear.

Avail in U.S. are they avail in UK.

Can't see it available on-line with the usual tyre companies.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast