Thread: HiD bulbs

Default HiD bulbs

Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

hi mate i dont think there any good
    be better off spending a little extra on a full hid set

thx amo

The answer is YES and NO.
    The replacement of the standard H1 [both dip and full] bulbs by ones with Xenon gas in them instead of Halagon will give stronger better lighting, all the manufacturers claim a 40% increase in light.
    For [say] £15-£20 a pair, the most effective "bangs per buck", you will see an improvement. You can also upgrade the front fogs, use H3's bulbs. Fitting them is just swapping bulbs.
    HOWEVER, HiD gas discharge lamps just blow everything else away; for HiDs the price ranges between £90 a pair at a show to about £250. The limiting factor becomes the cut off on the dip.
    Fitting them will involve "relieving" the bulb holder mount, for which a Dremel makes life easy, and selecting a location for the ballast units, all do-able but allow a couple of hours for the first side.
    Do either, both do make an improvement, just a question of budget. Lights are a bit addictive, the better they are the more you want then to be even better.

I and many others have Dan at DTA's kit - have had it for over a year and it is excellent. I had to drive 75 miles home tonight in thick fog and the HID light made it a lot safer...

I'd drop him a PM!
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

5. Default

Hi all,

Haven't had much time to check this site but got a PM off TQO (thanks mate!)

As was stated previously, our "premium" HID kits have been installed in over a dozen or so NSX's now and apart from one replacement bulb all are in 100% working order. Installation is very straight forward as the kit includes everything required. The only two things that require some minor modification are:

(1) metal bulb aperture - you need to enlarge the hole by approximately 1mm in order for the glass part of the HID bulb to pass through

(2) if you wish to retain the hard plastic dust covers (on the back of the headlight assembly) then you'll need to drill a 23mm hole in it which is then plugged by a rubber grommet (also part of the kit)

Our kits come with full NSX-specific installation instructions so nothing is left to chance.

At this point in time we have two kits available:

(a) Premium "Prius" kit - this is a very high quality kit used as standard equipment on Mercs, BMW's and various GM brands. All NSX's with our kits on them are these premium kits. Price: £225 plus £8 delivery

(b) Universal kit - we hand-picked the various components (based on part quality and reliability of service) to put together a much more affordable HID kit. The fact that the price is much lower doesn't neccesarily mean the quality is worse than the Premium kits. I have sold approximately 55 of these "universal" kits (none to NSX owners yet) and they have proven to be almost as reliable as our premium kits (to date I have had to replace two ballasts and three bulbs). Price: £99 (delivered).

Both kits contain full fitting instructions, custom made (by me) conversion leads, two H1 6000K bulbs, two ballasts with mounting frames and fixings.

For more information please drop me an e-mail on info@dta-motorsport.co.uk. I don't get a lot of time to check this forum often so you're better off e-mailing me direct.

Kind regards,

Dan