Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Car Wash Marathon

So I'm not the only one with paint peeling away from the battery bracket! Must be a rare item thats not up to the usual Honda standards!

Whyone, did you hand paint the hammerite or can you now buy a spray version? 12 coats sounds excessive, thats more than the car body itself! To get 12 coats to stay on, Did you artificially speed up the drying process as its autumn, ie stick it near a house rad? Whats IPA?

Paul, knowing you're a perfectionists! The sensor thats bolted on the top left side of the rad fan surround has a little corrosion. I took mine off this year, gently wired brushed it, anti rust, primed it and then hand painted black paint around those annoying round holes.

Matt, great looking shiny car now courtesy of a certain ForumAdmin !
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 30-10-2007 at 12:38 AM.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post

Whyone, did you hand paint the hammerite or can you now buy a spray version? 12 coats sounds excessive, thats more than the car body itself! To get 12 coats to stay on, Did you artificially speed up the drying process as its autumn, ie stick it near a house rad? Whats IPA?

I used and aerosol and very thin coats, applied in my garage with a heater going. Finish is nice and shiney and tough!

IPA....Indian Pale Ale (or Isopropyl Alcohol...which is what I used to clean the bracket before spraying).
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

OK very late reply thanks to severe overworking but here are a few pictures of my car after 10+ hours of mine and James's time restoring her to her factory beauty! I had a great day, learnt a lot - and by Sunday afternoon had a stunning car! Thanks Kevin for the equipment - 'Flossy' will be cared for don't worry .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image033.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	2903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSXCB CLOSE FRONT.jpg 
Views:	611 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	2905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSXCB B-PILLAR.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	2906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSXCB ROOF.jpg 
Views:	913 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	2907  
    Last edited by TheQuietOne; 20-12-2007 at 10:14 AM.
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

A few more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSXCB BONNET.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	2908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSXCB FRONT.jpg 
Views:	593 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	2909   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSXCB REAR QUARTER.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	2910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSXCB REAR VIEW.jpg 
Views:	906 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	2911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSXCB OEM PANEL GAP!.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	2912  

From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietOne View Post
    ...my car after 10+ hours of mine and James's time restoring her to her factory beauty! I had a great day, learnt a lot - and by Sunday afternoon had a stunning car! .
    Great work Gents, when shall I drop mine off?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Great work Gents, when shall I drop mine off?

regards, Paul
    When ever you want mate - it's a long walk back though...

The pics don't do it justice shrunken and compressed to be 'postable' - I've not actually driven it on the road yet, I just keep driving it into the factory so I can look at it while I'm running machinery...now that is sad!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time you roll into the factory, can you have a go at cutting the logo as discussed please?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Next time you roll into the factory, can you have a go at cutting the logo as discussed please?

regards, Paul
    Ah yes, did you want Red on Black so to speak? I might have a play and post some in the For Sale bit actually some time soon...

No swirls....great effort.

So when is 'flossy' travelling south? Might as well stick with 'Reds' for the time before switching colour. right Luke/Martin (155)

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Matt, thats the shiniest Red I've ever seen! Looks fab!

Luke, bit worried about you attacking a stuff white pony or is that my eyes deceiving me!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast