Thread: Tyre Sizes For a 1996 UK NSX

Default Tyre Sizes For a 1996 UK NSX

Anyone know off the top of their head the correct tyre sizes, at the front, for the above NSX?

Cheers
    Martin
    Owner of a 1996 Manual NSX Coupe (UK) since 11 June 2004

The feature car in:
    Autocar Supercar supplement (May 2006)
    &
    Classic & Sports Car (November 2000)

215 x 45 x 16

3. Default Tyres

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Select...6&autoModClar=

Has the sizes, original equipment, and suggested alternative tyres.

215/45/16s are rare though; Dunlop doesn't make tyres in that size any more. I'm also trying to find Dunlop Sportmaxes in 225/40/16s but am having a bit of trouble locating stockists. Any tips more than welcome.

You could go up to 225/40s, where you have more options. They have a similar circumference (608mm versus 600mm), which is within the 1.5% difference recommended by Dunlop so shouldn't affect the handling or screw up the speed sensors.

About the only tyres people have found in the correct size for the fronts are

Goodyear Eagle F1
    Bridgestone RE040
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Is putting a 225 wide tyre on a 7" wide rim pushing it a bit??? I'd have thought the 205/45/16 was a better option as it's a very common size.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience. —Dilbert.

I used to run 225 ADVAN AD07s from japan on my DC5 and fitted ok
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)