Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: R8 The new NSX .....discuss

Sorry mate actually Kevin just explained what I meant. Nothing personal. Kevin anychance of merging the threads???

2. Talking

I didn't take it personally ...sorry if it looked that way...was explaining why I thought the discussion may be relevant to us Xers...I got the impression you thought diff..... oh hell like texting this!!! but that's another story altogether

OK I've moved the orginal R8-debate from the photo gallery to here. Which is why the thread seems a bit odd in the last few posts, as the other posts are earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    You've lost me....
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Fenn View Post
    I'm sure if most of you saw an R8 in the flesh, and even drove one, you'd be far more impressed.

One was at the ring in june, did have some presence about it. I dont mind the looks at all.
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Just had a gander at this months TG mag, with IOM special! The stig tested some real driver's car, GT3 RS, Capora T1, Ariel Atom, 599 GTB, LP640, New M3, Lotus track car & the R8, What do you know JC & the Stig states the R8 is the winner! Likewise Evo tested the R8 against the Porker Carrera 4S, M6, V8 vanatge and declared a "New Order" (not the band!). Think the R8 is gaining a reputation for being a true drivers car, well built, pratical and awesome to drive. Sorry after my initial doubts, its growing on me slowly!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

This week's Autocar is also worth reading - the R8, 911GT3, Murcie are all tested around track and on road. Cayman won last year.

DO NOT CLICK ON LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WINNER

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/227640/

8. Default

mondeo- interesting.
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

9. Default

Lol...

I'd love to try the R8.
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

I was an all black R8 on Sunday. very menacing looking.

not exactly pretty but then neither is a Lambo. But very menacing - which is good.

would I buy one? If I had the dosh yes - as a 3rd car simply for playing with.

you really need to see a black one coming at you though.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast