Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Members - say hello

Default New Members - say hello

Hi - we've had quite a few new members recently (now up to 153) so feel free to say 'hi' & introduce yourselves to the group - if you have any questions, please feel welcome to start a new thread...

quartermain Guest

Jim Hatfield.

Currently driving a Suzuki Cappuccino, had a Skyline R32 before that.

Saving my pennies for another car. Came across an issue of Japanese Performance in Smiths, found an ad from an importer, joined their site and saw lots of cars for sale in the USS auctions. The NSX'es look interesting so I thought I would join here and find more about them, ie what goes wrong, how expensive to service (Skyline cost me £3000 pa in servicing costs, ouch), where to get servicing (live in Bucks), etc etc etc.

Would not want an auto if it was the traditional torque-converter type. I hate it when you press the accelerator and the engine revs up but the car doesn't get faster for a while - I like engine speed and road speed to be firmly linked!

Also considering a 350Z and a Corvette, though I haven't driven either yet.

Hi, and welcome to the club.
    of the three cars you mention,i would say (because im biased :wink: ) that the NSX should be your first choice,followed by the 350Z,i have read good reports on the performance and handling of this car.the corvette may be fast (in a straight line) but thats about it.i mean,do you really want to sit on the wrong side of the car for a corvette.there are a few exotics/performance cars out there that i would settle for sitting on the left in,over a corvette.
    all the best in your search though,
    Ivor

4. Default

I wouldn't waste your time with the auto.
    Ferrari 550 Maranello in Rosso Corsa
    Kawasaki ZZR 1200
    KTM 400 EXC

Quote Originally Posted by quartermain
    (Skyline cost me £3000 pa in servicing costs, ouch), where to get servicing (live in Bucks), etc etc etc.
    The NSX isn't bargain basement cheap to run but servicing should be about 500 a year (less if you can find an independent you trust). It depends on whether you get the cambelt service (or if you do a lot of miles) , and if anything breaks then it is unfortunately criminally expensive for parts (getting them from the states is normally the best way).

But if you look at it's counterparts, then it's either cheaper or comparably expensive.

From an ownership point of view, my opinion is that

There are faster cars
    There are better handling cars
    There are more comfortable cars

But there aren't any others that combine it all in the one package quite as well (IMHO)

But then, I am biased.

Hi all
    Nigel Sturgeon
    49 yrs old.
    Self-employed (ie I live on my wits),family man, wife, dog, 2 teenage kids, mortgage. South Coast location.
    Current family hacks are Honda Jazz and Civic Type-R.
    Done a couple of trackdays @ Goodwood with Easytrack in the Civic, at one of them another member of this forum who shall remain nameless (ie trackdemon) introduced me to the combination of handling, speed and engine note in his NSX that has got me totally hooked. Had a test drive of a 2nd hand 3.2 last year at Yeomans Honda (just round the corner) so at least Ive got behind the wheel of one, but that only made it worse.
    Willing to swap wife, kids, Jazz and Civic (but not dog) for decent blue or red 3.2 manual, plus cash if you really really don't want kids.

Cheers

Jaws

Default In Greater London for medical training w/ NHS!

Greetings everyone!

I'm Osiris_x11 from www.NSXPrime.com! I'm in Greater London for some final year medical electives. I've been here since mid-November, but only came across your fabulous site today as per an old thread on 'Prime in which j14nsx forwarded me to here.

Some basic demographics about me...

28yrs of age, residing in Austin Texas U.S.A. I'm in the final year of my medical studies, and wanted to explore some Int'l options for the future as well get some travelling done! I have a 1991 (Acura) NSX 5spd in Berlina Black, mostly stock. I am doing some simple bolt-on mods while I am away. I left my father and Ojas (my best friend back in Austin, who also has a nice Sebring NSX 5spd) in charge of the work to be done... I'm just replacing the OEM manifold w/ 2001 NSX headers, hoping to add some TypeS (Zanardi) sway & strut bars, TypeS (Zanardi) struts and springs, possibly NSX-R hood, larger rotors (slotted), Comptech front lip molded into lower bumper, and other weight reduction goals. I haven't decided on an exhaust yet, but I'm leaning towards the JGTC parallel unit. That's about it for now...

I will be in the UK area for a few more months (atleast April). I look fwd to crossing paths w/ many of you fellow NSX enthusiasists!

(oh yes, I had a family friend in Cambridge area who had a fully modded Comptech NSX-T w/ EVERYTHING... I'll try to get him in the loop!)
    Yank' formerly in London w/ US-based 1991 NSX Berlina Black 5spd

Hi Nigel and Osiris and welcome -

Keep an eye on the meets board (not as active as some clubs, but there's only a few of us) and if you'd like to come along to talk NSX's, feel free..

Regards
    Joe

Default Another newbie saying hi.

Hi guys and girls,

I live in south east London with my wife and two young children. Enjoying every minute with my new toy, have bought alot of new bits for her but not finished yet!!!! But getting there.

Find this a great website and gives very good advice for us all to follow.

All the best

Scott.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nsx_001_177.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	330  

nice clean car Scott.now i have a set of almost new Teins that would lower that thing nicely :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast