Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Addition

James, you're right, the plate should be displayed correctly at all times in std size, format and letter style. That said, I know of about 8 now that regularly run without the front. It looks so much cleaner. If I was a 1k mile a year man liek yourself, I'd have that plate of in a flash. However, with over 7k clocked this year, it will stay put for now.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

NSXCB newsflash! I did over 2000 miles in my 3rd year of ownership last month! Paul, on a serious note I would leave my on just if the plod ever stop me, its one less ammunition for them to book me! (GMP has a large presence here and the boys in that unmarked police car programme are only few miles down the road!). Is there any aero advantages aswell as visually? I've checked for those Stealth plates at SOS, but don't think they stock em now?
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 03-09-2007 at 10:08 PM.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

I've gradually fazed mine out over the last 4 years; went from full size plate to a 3/4 size to nothing.
    I do about 3-4k miles pa. Was pulled over for speeding with the 3/4 on but they did not even mention it. Looks much better without.

Been clocked by lots of cops out on the road in it without a plate and never been stopped, suppose it's a matter of time though.

"What do you mean my front plate is missing Officer?? Damn kids on the estate must have pinched it!"

Might go the whole hog and get a black/sliver plate for the rear, I think that will look better with my colour combo!

NSXGB, you take your chances! The plod will know that if you owned an NSX, you're not from an council estate! Maybe they don't have the resources to pull everything, look at those daft reg letters on plates that people get away with! I got pulled this year for sprinting to 70 briefly, then slowed immediately in a 50 area from traffic light start, before they flashed their sirens on! I apologised straight away, plod said he could'nt get a fix! He just checked the reg and let me go, that was it! Did'nt asked where I live or my name! Good job I'm no auto thief!! I think a black & silver looks classy, but not on an X, gives an impression its really old! The car has to be over 25 yrs old?

(oh it was a mini dual carriage way for those anti speed)
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

5. Default

lol james ive been pulled for accelearating up to 30.. they were like goign fast were we?'

I was like No i went up to 30'

err ok..
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Anyone know where I can obtain a neat front plate mounting?

Thanks Andy
    1991 NSX in Red with black roof

I have a little angled bracket, just not sure how you would mount it ??

Will see if it is wide enough to line up with the original holes, if so I'll get a few made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Thanks Andy
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    I think a black & silver looks classy, but not on an X, gives an impression its really old! The car has to be over 25 yrs old?

(oh it was a mini dual carriage way for those anti speed)
    Think it has to be more than 37 years old - before 1970.

G
    '93 Sebring Silver : sadly now sold
    '93 Range Rover LSE : now LPG so 11mpg not so bad. If I replace any more parts it'll be a new car.
    '07 Landie Defender 110 SW XS: heated seats!!! they'll be asking us to wash it next....
    '96 MX5 : project car
    '09 Honda XL125V : new hobby

Smile

Thanks Andy
    I have an invisible one.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Thanks Andy

Easy to make your own...

You can use the 2 mounting bolts that fit your OEM plate to your car (the ones that screw upwards into the bumper). Buy some flat ali bar from a diy shop. Make 2 x 'L' shaped brackets to suit.

I still have some bar left over when I made mine, could knock up a few if required.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast