Thread: Motegi Battle, Number 2!

Default Motegi Battle, Number 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VjgbvpyCp8

Well worth watching, especially the last 2 minutes!!

I was tearing the hair that I don't have out of my head! :-)

Cheers
    Martin
    Owner of a 1996 Manual NSX Coupe (UK) since 11 June 2004

The feature car in:
    Autocar Supercar supplement (May 2006)
    &
    Classic & Sports Car (November 2000)

Great find! The R did us proud with the least BHP, but proves what you can do with a well set up chassis & great drive train/gearbox! I think the CS would have passed if theres another lap tho. Surprised the Gallardo was going backwards, but had most BHP & 4WD, suppose let down by too many electronic aids & computers! (power is nothing without control). Also the CSL did well considering its a virtually a coupe/saloon, even beating the stock 360!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

HI Martin,

NIce find and interesting to watch. I've often wondered how 'controlled' these events are and this one seems to suggest that they may well be a little staged ....

How did the NSX-R manage to give up a solid lead? The driver didn't appear to make any errors?

Regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    HI Martin,

NIce find and interesting to watch. I've often wondered how 'controlled' these events are and this one seems to suggest that they may well be a little staged ....

How did the NSX-R manage to give up a solid lead? The driver didn't appear to make any errors?

Regards, Paul
    See how the Gallardo indicated to let the NSX past then held up the rest for a couple of laps, that might have something to do with it.
    But the sound of that CS wow
    Last edited by gumball; 16-08-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Damn & shame if its staged! Well it was in the land of the rising sun and is'nt Motegi one of Honda's main testing track too? (bias). Reading through some EVO issues the Lambo should have been the quickest, so likely its staged!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Love this little video and is always a good one to show "doubters", but in reality I think that the results may have been a little different.

Still want an NSX-R though.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

7. Default

I wouldn't say that they are staged, it's just that Gan San knows how to drive an NSX whereas the other cars are new to the other drivers. Gan San is also a bit cheeky in these races... look how he blocks the 360 Stradale driver just past the 10 minute mark!

If i remember rightly the NSX-R in that video suffered over heating which is why it slowed down.
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

If it's the one from memory it was a fluffed gear change that caused the over heating issue

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Fenn View Post
    If i remember rightly the NSX-R in that video suffered over heating which is why it slowed down.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)