Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Common Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

.............................Though by the length of this list, I doubt anyone will want to buy an NSX again, look like a heap of trouble.
    Na I don't think so, you caould always have a note saying that with any car 15yrs + you can expect the odd wee thing wrong, and most of this list is fairly minor and can be repaired/corrected fairly easily/quickly.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

at least the list doesn't have head gaskets (any K series rover!), con-rods trying to escape (common on M5 bmw), major electrical problems (anything italian!) and that sort of thing...

amazing what you find out when you have a friend who's a recovery driver!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Don't get to see much of your friend then Britlude !?!

SS

Kevin, I think we seem to have run out of minor common faults s I'll leave it to you to work your magic. Having had a look through, yeah there is maybe a few things on the list but it';s nothing that a little time and patience can't sort out, and nothing really bank-breaking either.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Rear glass hatch rubber surround works loose, noticeably along lower centre edge. Most noticeable when car exposed to long periods in the sun ... so probably not that common

Apply silicone sealant and push back into position.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

The problem above reminds me of another. The dasboard is prone to cracking near the light sensor. The dashboard then squeaks. It's more common in the sunnier parts of the States than here though.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

The wheel well liners clips become brittle rendering any atempt to disassemble them destructive.

Bolts for the lip spoiler and the front number plate mounting plate, rust in place and require three hands to work loose without ripping the lower front balance.

Sun visors split open at the seams.

Default re - shrinking top windscreen moulding

Before buying a new one (really £50 for a bit of rubber I ask you!) I experimented with stretching my one back to full length (ooh vicar!). It retracted back again after a few weeks and I repeated the process. It hasn't shrunk again so I dare say that if you simply pull it back to length a few times it might be ok? Failing that a small bit of adhesive or double sided tape at either end should stop it shrinking again for no cost.

Robin

when the final list is comiled, perhaps there could be list of DIY/ Dealer fixes at costs so that prospective owners can put all of this in perspective?
    1991 Red/Black manual NSX 5 53,000 miles.
    2016 BAC Mono 7,000 miles (just mind blowing, how is it road legal?)

Daily driver 2005 Porsche 997.1 C2S manual (Peak 911 IMHO)

Stretching Rubber !!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Kevin, I think we seem to have run out of minor common faults s I'll leave it to you to work your magic. Having had a look through, yeah there is maybe a few things on the list but it';s nothing that a little time and patience can't sort out, and nothing really bank-breaking either.

Jim

If you want some more then:

Horn buttons, a bit fraglie.
    Euro Smile on the rear bumper.
    OEM CD autochanger sticking.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast