Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Common Faults

Default Oil pressure gauge sender

It looks easy to change but I've been quoted £150+ from Honda for the part.

Does anyone know of a cheaper source? Is the same part fitted to other Honda or non-Honda cars?

Cheers
    Gary

This may or may not be a common fault but it is niggling nevertheless.

I cannot get the rear window to latch closed. When I apply pressure above the latch there is an audible click but when I release my hand it pops off again. Obviously, the latch needs adjusting but in words of 2 syllables or less, how is this best done??

Thanks,

David
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

Quote Originally Posted by NSX100 View Post
    This may or may not be a common fault but it is niggling nevertheless.

I cannot get the rear window to latch closed. When I apply pressure above the latch there is an audible click but when I release my hand it pops off again. Obviously, the latch needs adjusting but in words of 2 syllables or less, how is this best done??

Thanks,

David
    Take a look first at your "engine bay lid", make sure the rubber seal is seated correctly and nice and tight against the lid. [Not the seal on the glass hatch, but the seal on engine bay lid]

If it is then yes try adjusting the catch, adjusting the catch is a trial and error process, you dont have to lremove the bolts but rather loosen slightly [dont remove] and tap the catch gently up or down, be careful not to over torque the bolt when tightning again.

Other things to check is the boot release handle is seated correctly and not catching the trim and also that the cable is not stuck or jammed.

I'm working on a Nissan 300ZX at the moment and the boot was doing the same thing, turned out that one of the boot trims was catching the cable and everytime the boot was closed, it would spring up again.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Thanks Sudesh. Kneading in the rubber rim of the engine cover around the latch did the trick. It seems that when I open the engine cover, the fit between its outer edge and the window's lower edge seems almost air-tight such that I have to push in the rubber seal a tad to get the latch to lock. All part of the learning experience!!
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

Quote Originally Posted by NSX100 View Post
    Thanks Sudesh. Kneading in the rubber rim of the engine cover around the latch did the trick. It seems that when I open the engine cover, the fit between its outer edge and the window's lower edge seems almost air-tight such that I have to push in the rubber seal a tad to get the latch to lock. All part of the learning experience!!
    No problem! Although shouldn't have to do that everytime you open the hatch. If you do then you may look at adjusting the engine cover, quite simple to do also.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Default crankshaft pulley

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75746

hello friends , that made a long time that I n' but, I did not post am always, considering this topic, that made fear, my NSX has 162000km, have a good address to buy this pulley and all the kit distribution in Europe or with the United Kingdom , it is better to change this pulley before breaking the engine!

Blog Entries

Hi, Thunder.
    Not sure I understood your post but additon to the post on Prime, you can find some info from post #90 in the following link;
    http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showth...?t=6286&page=9

and post #92 in the link below;
    http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showth...t=6286&page=10

Parts No;
    13811-PR7-A02 for MT
    13811-PR7-A11 for AT

You need different pulley holder tools for MT and AT.
    HEX 45mm for MT
    HEX 50mm for AT

You can replace the pulley without disturbing the timing belt or the lower cover. Just needs to re-adjust the tension on both ACG and A/C belts.

Make sure to follow the latest greasing/cleaning procedure on the pulley bolt. Otherwise, you'll really struggle to remove it in the future.

Regards,
    Kaz

Blog Entries

Also, if you are struggling to get hold of the parts, you may want to try contacting Andy at Vtec Direct Ltd. You can find the link in the 'NSXCB Vendors' section of this site.

Regards,
    Kaz

merci beaucoup, ma langue est le Français, le traducteur Google est tres mauvais, merci pour les renseignements!

thank you very much, my language is the French, the Google translator is very bad, thank you for the information!

wallasey wirral, 1.5 miles from liverpool

can't park it inside my house.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast