Thread: NSX Steering

Unregistered Guest

Default NSX Steering

Hi again - I asked last about *** import pricing the other day.

I've now driven a 93 auto and like most of what I see/feel. The steering however is very low geared (I drove an ST220 to get there and the difference was most marked). I did sort of expect that though having read the reports. What did surprise me though was that the steering weight seemed to increase quite significantly as I applied lock when moving (ie reasonable corner at 30-50mph or even a roundabout at 20-30) - this was in the wet.

All tyres seem evenly worn and the rims are totally unmarked. Is this normal or something I need to check out please?

Thanks

Peter

Hi,

When I first drove my NSX (a 2000 3.2 manual coupe) back from the garage (I hadn't even test driven it before) it was the single most notable feature for me. I drove my Civic Type-R there which are renowned for their over assisted steering and drove back in the X what a difference! I was shocked by how heavy the steering felt when taking roundabouts etc t slower speeds.

I actually think now 2+ years later that despite having too slow a rack the weight of the steering is perfect on the PAS models for daily driving. I would say get a try in a second car for illustrative purposes, or find someone on here local and do it that way!

P.S. Where are you based - no, wait let me guess the south east?!

Happy hunting....
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

It's normal. The auto's have power steering. The effect of which decreases with speed. Also the NSX has a lot of castor, which loads up the suspension and steering as you turn.

Unregistered Guest

That's good news.

SWMBO says the Boxster has to go and the NSX has to be "her" new baby.

Ummmmmm

If I do the deed I'll enrol officially if I may.

I love Worcesteshire - drove my first Ferrari in the Ford Dealer in Malvern. South East - used to be, now back to my roots in North Yorkshire.

Any members Harrogate/Ripon area?

Unregistered Guest

Or even Worcestershire - too much Laphroaig to spell properly.

Hi & welcome, in addition to Forumadmin or Kevin's comments, the NSX has a speed sensitive system, it lightens at parking speed & weights up as speed increases, with the heaviest at motorway speeds. HTH

Bazza or Barry here is near York, so not that far away. He has one of two JDMs NA1 Type Rs in the country. Also NSXselby I think near Selby too?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or even Worcestershire - too much Laphroaig to spell properly.
    Ahh A good Whisky drinker, Laphroaig is in my top ten (I like most from Islay), anyhoo back on track, I can't really comment on PAS models as I have a 1991 non-pas. Yeah it can seem a little heavey especially when in tight parking spots with the turning circle of the titanic, but I wouldn't change it for day to day driving.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

8. Default

If it's a power assisted car i don't know how anyone could call it heavy to be honest, it's quote progressive in my view. There is pretty much no asssitance at high speed though.
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Unregistered Guest

Post CBEOoDblsxLs

zappos.om sas shoes on zappos.comzappos.com henderson nv zappos.com volleyball shoessas shoes on zappos.com sugar creek.comzappos.com outlet store 500 zappos.com tain from clergeriezappos.com handbags en.wikipedia.org wiki zapposwww.zappos shoes. com ww.zappos.comshopping.zappos.com zappos.com promotional codescanada.zappos.com www.zappos shoes.comzappos sale.zhtml zappos.com promo codezappos.com nv 376 zappos.com
    Last edited by zappos.copm; 09-12-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: TbymaUwGNdheRKCE

10. Default

Still sounds strange to me to be honest though... i'd personally drive another car first to make sure it isn't that particular car.

I have never jumped into an NSX and thought... "this is a bit odd" and thought to question it.

I guess you could just be a weird though
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]