Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EVO Donington Trackday

1. Default EVO Donington Trackday

Hadn't been to Donington for at least a year so it was interesting to see how the car was. Inititally the car was terrible, both understeering and oversteering widly. We weren't quite sure why this was happening but the rear dampers had just been rebuilt...

The car had previously been running no rear arb so we put the Type R one on and it transformed it, it was awesome! Shame the day was badly organised with it being treated like a test day by people racing this weekend. Still had great fun though in glorious sunshine too

'02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

2. Default

Nice!!!

The lowered look is cool and the black/gold goes well.

SS

I second that, your X looks great & cool! Q. your front wheels/tyres seems to have a large negative camber or toe in? I'm talking out of my league!? How was your car compared to Jethro's Ring M3? Bet Mr Bailey's Carrera GT was nippy? Sorry if you don't read Evo, but there two of writer's cars!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

5. Default

Thanks for the compliments. Yes, it as quite extreme geometry but when slicks are sorted it will be even more at the front. The only problem is you can't quite go to the optim levels of camber/castor for slicks. For a road car though, it's rare to be able to adjust EVERYTHING. For example the Noble M12 which is hailed as such a great car doesn't have the same range as the NSX... a car developed in the 80s lets remember!

I'm a subscriber of EVO so don't worry! I spoke to Paul Bailey who owns the Porsche as he was interested in buying the same datalogging system. He did barely any laps in it, perhaps he was apprehensive after his last outing! He brought another car though, another one of 17 in total he owns.

It had full carbon bodywork and the biggest brakes i've seen!

nice pics.
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

That F360 had full CF body work! wow He also owns a red Enzo too! 17 cars, a bit greedy that in my books!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Was he the one that crashed the Enzo at Silverstone recently?

SS

9. Default

I'm not sure about the Enzo, but he crashed the Porsche. It had only just been repaired i think.

HI Rob,

Good to see it back on track and the suspension is working. Saw it at Plans a couple of weeks back after the 'Ring trip. Was chatting to John about the pounding the track had given the NSX. No such worries at Donnington I'm sure.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast