Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust tips...

Mate the system is not stainless, there will be corrosion. Use a dremel too to cut The attach pipe by exhaust clamp, set screw or welding.

Cheers,

AR

2. Default

James AFAIK the OEM tips are the cheap nasty tack bolt on items you describe... just unbolt them.
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Dan we have a mini meet to show me your tips when you get your baby sorted out after the Ring!

Come on guys....use PM for private chat

4. 02-08-2007, 06:14 AM

Reason
    duplicated info.

The oval tips are held on with a single bolt each side, but the chances are this will be corroded to buggery! with persuasion they will come off!. you are left with the plain steel exhaust tube, which comes all the way to the end of the oval finisher. So to fit tips, depending on the type (single/twin) you will have to trim the exhaust back anyway.

I have the halfrauds/ripspeed twin tips on mine, with the mounting tweaked to lose the huge exhaust clamp mounting. the pipe had to be trimmed back to where the oval trim finishes, hence how I know the exhaust pipe size, as I have a 4 1/5 stub in the now redundant oval trim!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nsx tailpipe.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	2484  
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Come on guys....use PM for private chat
    ok anyone else wana see my ītipīPM me

as for the NSX tips yes they are bolt on, when i had my off at the ring its loosend one and now it turns where it wants. lol.

Might even just slide them off and leave the dark pipes there hiding a bit veyron style...
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

I usually have nothing to do with Halfrauds unless I'm desperate, but I like the look of those twin exit parts in that pic................tempting, VERY tempting.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Thanks guys, Ary you are saying I need a dremel to cut? Luke you say unbolt the OEM oval tips? which is correct? Also I always thought the system is stainless steel! obviously be mis informed and I did'nt know the tips are cheap bolt on, thought Honda don't do cheap on the X !?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

The tips have a neat recessed bolt underneath. You may or may not be able to undo it....if you can't, get your grinder out...

System is mild steel.

Tips are definitely not cheap, have you seen how much they are to replace????

Britlude, Looks great, did you DIY? When did you buy the tips as I'm very tempted! You had the mounting tweaked, what exactly you mean to lose/removed the big zorst mounting clamp, don't you need this clamp? Also you trimmed back the pipe, so did you just cut off the tip with pipe in it, just after the tip ends? Finally looking at yours, I assume the reminder of the pipe is inside the new twin tips & theres a clamp to hold onto the pipe at the other end of the tip? Sorry for the Qs. Thanks alot

Dan, YHPM !!-NOT really buddy!
    Jim, so your too posh for Halfords!?
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 03-08-2007 at 11:28 PM.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Halfrauds special....Ģ29.99 each

SS
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast