Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust tips...

Default Exhaust tips...

Quick question:

Time for new exhaust tips, so can anyone tell me on a standard 3.0 exhaust, what is the O\D of the exit pipe?
    Is it 2.25"?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89517

Worth a look maybe?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Thanks.....

How difficult is it to remove the oval tips on an OEM zorst and replaced it with something more tasty, ie welding etc? What are the options out there and is it worth it? I think oval looks a liitle weedy when you can see the actual round pipe within it!?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    How difficult is it to remove the oval tips on an OEM zorst and replaced it with something more tasty, ie welding etc? What are the options out there and is it worth it?
    James, if you can find yourself a local fabricator of exhausts then should be no problem for them to make the changes. My local, H&S (who supplied my system) have around 30 different styles to choose from and would do the work quickly and affordably.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Halfrauds has at least 10 different styles and all are relatively cheap. So is E gay, or you can buy my exhaust LOL.

James local guys near me do tips and stuff. its one of my things to do aswell as getting her fixed. Ill let u know how it goes.
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

The main problem with the OEM exhaust is not the tips, but the fact it strangles the car's gasses.

Ary,

Do you mean changing the back box with some thing that has less content makes the car more breathable?
    Can this be done with less increase in dbs or does power go hand in hand with loudness??

SS

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast