Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSX at the Ring

1. Default NSX at the Ring

Left on Friday and got there in about 5 hours, a suprisingly easy journey. We still had energy to do a few laps in our rented Alfa 75s, provided by Ron at '75 Experience' . Ron, who does 1500 laps a year, combined doing laps, leading us and sitting in our own car (and again in the NSX).

The NSX arrived for Sunday. We were worried what the bumps would do to the car but it did admirably. Ron did a couple of hot laps, with the best bits including pasting a Carrera GT and overtaking a 997 GT3 RS around the outside with one hand waving

http://www.fotograff.de/Touri2007071.../DSC_0839.html

http://www.fotograff.de/Touri2007071.../DSC_1328.html
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Nice pictures, BTW where is the front lip? Did you have to take it off for the train?

Cheers,

AR

3. Default

Thought it wasn't worth the risk on the 'ring being quite a chunky thing!

Shoreham by Sea, Liege, Moscow! and other interesting places!

Hi Rob

Shame we couldnt meet up, was there on the saturday for a while. Glad you had a good trip and will have to meet up another time.

leigh

Nice pics Rob, and nice story :-)
    Owner of a 1996 Manual NSX Coupe (UK) since 11 June 2004

The feature car in:
    Autocar Supercar supplement (May 2006)
    &
    Classic & Sports Car (November 2000)

6. Default

Cars looking good.

I was at the ring to i spoke to you early sunday morning.

I was in the white civic with slicks on.

Saw this car, it really does move!!!!!

u must have not been trying rob, u never span like me

Sun loks out in those pics, i always stop a stones throw from the 75 boys base in dottingen, keep meaning to hook up with them and do the experience. what was your connection or did u do the experience?

Car looks wicked my man
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

8. Default

It was extremely hot Dan, 35 degrees for all 3 days! We were the only ones wearing helmets, but thought it best because of the roll cage, so i guess we suffered that little bit more.

Our instructor over here writes for a few car mags, and wrote about the experience so it was on that recommendation. Ron is actually moving his workshop closer to the circuit soon, and will be able to store his 50(!) Alfas. He is obviously a very talented driver, but also a very funny bloke, if a little disorganised...

Hi nsx_vtec, i got you confused with your mate on the ITR forum.

Leigh, some of my mates over on cliosport.net saw another NSX, i guess that was you!

Nice and hot sounds good, i know what its like when too hot its murder- but always better than being wet. u done many laps pal?
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

10. Default

I would say we did about 20 laps each at the weekend... i'm certainly a long way off from memerising the track! I'd like to go back with a simple hire car and get the laps in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast