Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A/C Fan

Default A/C Fan

A/C Fan(s).....should they be that noisy??

I can hear mine cutting in from inside the cabin...is that ok or not??

What's the AC fan and where is it? My blower fan is a bit rattly but I don't think that's what you are referring to! The compressor 'cuts in' but that's underneath the engine I think so you really shouldn't hear that!
    Steve.

No, like you say, the compressor is in the engine bay. The noise comes from the front, definitely the a/c fans as it stops if I shut down the a/c. I'm pretty sure that there is 2 fans, one each side of the car behind the front bumper in front of the wheels.

See Darren's pic here:

Just interested to know whether they are inherantly loud or I need new one(s)?
    They don't sound sick, just loud and I'm sure they have got slightly louder recently. Although it could be that I've only just started using the a/c again....

Simon, I hope its not a problem with the air con fans, I don't think I've ever heard them from inside the cabin, but my hearing is not the best! Maybe if I switch the air con on over the weekend & listen carefully to find out how loud they are. Off the subject, are those the said SOS brake disc or have you not had a chance to fit them yet?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

ya thats right 1 on both sides
    may be u picked up some **** thats runnin around near the blades
    give me a shout is u need 1 or 2 lol

thx amo

6. Default

James

the picture is of my car, and the disks are Black Diamond - standard sized replacements but with grooves.

Simon, if your fans are knackered I think I might still have the ones in the pics kicking around somewhere - shout if you need them and I'll hunt in the attic.
    Darren Ferneyhough

http://today.nsedreams.com
    Working with a growing team improving health, wealth & prosperity.
    If you know someone that wants or needs to improve any of these
    areas please connect them with me via my LinkedIn profile above

Darren I'm currently hunting down a full new set of disc, where did you get these Black Diamonds from, are they a direct replacement for OEMs & do you remember the price? Mine is a 1999 3.2 with bigger rotors. Are the pads standard OEMs or Black Diamonds own? Sorry for the many Qs! Thanks
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Hi Simon,

You are lucky that your condenser fans do not run the whole time -even with the climate control switched off. This despite the control board rebuild in Crawley & by Briank -in fact Brian says his do the same & he does not know why!
    The fans are pretty noisey, you are welcome to listen to mine to compare volume-at my house or I am in Crawley every Monday evening always in the Honda,

Regards,

John

9. Default

James

the Black Diamonds I use are direct replacements so you can bolt straight on and use any oem sized pads

I got mine from MSW - links below

fronts - £170 delivered
    rears - £190 delivered

for anyone with the earlier model (like me) also looking for these, here are the links:

fronts
    rears

note, whilst the NA1 & NA2 versions are listed seperately with different product codes, the spec listed on the description is the same for all - 282mm x 28mm front & 282mm x 22mm rear - this may well just be a typo on the site and the product for the NA2 are in fact the bigger sizes (297f & 302r I think?), but I would call them and double check before ordering!

also, Dali does a full set of slotted disks for $440
    Darren Ferneyhough

http://today.nsedreams.com
    Working with a growing team improving health, wealth & prosperity.
    If you know someone that wants or needs to improve any of these
    areas please connect them with me via my LinkedIn profile above

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlaltdelboy View Post
    James

the picture is of my car, and the disks are Black Diamond - standard sized replacements but with grooves.

Simon, if your fans are knackered I think I might still have the ones in the pics kicking around somewhere - shout if you need them and I'll hunt in the attic.

Thanks Darren, when I get 5 mins I'll check my fans out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast