Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 pot calipers off the shelf!

did you get my PM? Any chance we could chat? I'd appreciate the opportunity to benefit from your expertise.

Regards

Jamie

Smile 6 pots

Coowell.

Sounds good to me Kevin. You know I'm your best friend when you make bits.

Mo(re development needed)
    speed on track is indirectly proportional to the value of your car

3. Default

My 'big brakes' also failed badly - ended up in the middle of the Dales with a piston stuck out. Rebuild later (this was after only a few miles from new, but a couple of years) - then months after the rebuild, completely dead on one side (this was after new seals, new nipple, new pistons, the lot!) .... and I killed these on a CRX. Plus I'm a girly driver.

Sorry for posting this, but whilst we are on the subject of brakes, can anyone enlighten me or comment about my other thread about standard disc replacements for OEMs. Cheers James
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Default Discs

Sorry James, my experience is with the 3.0 so no help to you.
    Its worth importing the two piece upgrade from the States though.
    Mo

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Sorry for posting this, but whilst we are on the subject of brakes, can anyone enlighten me or comment about my other thread about standard disc replacements for OEMs. Cheers James

Quote Originally Posted by UltraViolet View Post
    My 'big brakes' also failed badly - ended up in the middle of the Dales with a piston stuck out. Rebuild later (this was after only a few miles from new, but a couple of years) - then months after the rebuild, completely dead on one side (this was after new seals, new nipple, new pistons, the lot!) .... and I killed these on a CRX. Plus I'm a girly driver.
    Sounds particularly painful, if not a little extreme Sammy all in the persuit for good stopping power....sorry I couldn't resist the childish humour!
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

7. Default

Lol .... ahh, but have you ever declined a nice new nipple?

<Childish humour right-back-atcha!>

"No comment your honour...."
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Cool brakes

Hi Modar

Brakes warped after one track session at brands, i to live close in Chatham,Kent.....and trust me I rattled the cage more than once....no luck though....still as you say you are going into this with the knowledge that others had fallen first....good luck with brakes...hope your order comes....and I had to use 10mm spacer with after-market wheels....keen to know how you get on.

regards

rtbm.......car looks very different from cover car....cheers Detlef...!!!....for emptying my wallet.....great bloke though!!!

Default brakes

Hi again rbtm,
    My order is ready, took one week! Lack of work seems to be the reason why its quick.

They measured my wheel clearance when I ordered and assured me it will fit. I have 8J 17" Superleggaras on the front. I have told them I do not want to use spacers.

Will probably take a couple of weeks to have it fitted and the truth will out. Brands is very heavy on brakes, I set mine on fire there. Cool down laps were learnt the hardest way.

Mo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12