Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th May 2007 Meeting at JapFest (Jamesfest)

1. Default

Had a great day, a big thanks to JAmes for organising - I hope seeing all the happy faces and great photos makes it worthwhile.

Good to meet some more faces, looking forward to the next event (James you are now nominated event organiser for doing such a good job with this one.

I would also like to thank Matt ashe helped with the organising and spent a lot of much appreciated time which will have gone un-noticed by many.

Cheers also to Simon and Lisa for the bbq, your hospitality was appreciated and I it rounded off the day nicely

I hope Si gets things sorted and anyone that got a telling off by the police after wasn't too serious.

Cheers

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Smile

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for turning up and making this a great day.
    My only regret is that it went so fast, despite being up at 4.00am!
    Really good to meet some new members especially when they bring 03 Imola Targas and supply us with crates of mineral water; much appreciated chang (sorry if I spelt your name wrong).
    It was a very strange site to see so many NSX's in one place and although we didn't quite break 40 at any one time, technically I think we did it over the day.

I'd like to thank Matt for making the name cards, the NSX plates and for standing with me at the gate for two hours handing out tickets.
    Also thanks to Simon for putting on a fantastic BBQ, the food was excellent and it was good to relax for a couple of hours before returing home.

I think my favourite memory of the day was heading a 30 car+ convoy of NSX's to the track photoshoot, that was very impressive!

Regards to Kevin for running the club and finding a home for so many Japfest threads we've started over the last 6 months.

Finally, thanks to everyone who supported the track session, some of whom I know really were't sure whether they wanted to do it. Some of which probably wished they hadn't! I think we were all relieved that Simon of Kent walked away from that one!

Best regards,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

3. Default

Many thanks to all who answered my questions, let me sit in their cars and generally get used to NSXs and their ins and outs far far more.

i really enjoyed the day
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Apart from the incident on track it was good day out. Well done James for round up so many of us.

Re getting pulled by plod... could it have been those with no front number plate?

Mark
    Hi Mark, good to meet you, sorry if I appeared a bit 'all over the place', it was a mixture of stress and sleep deprivation!
    Not sure who got pulled, I hooked up on the BBQ convoy and about a mile down the road the police had pulled over a couple of cars, luckily not ours.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Default Wow what a brilliant & fab day !!

Hi all, I had a lovely time meeting all of you guys, finally putting faces to names was great (sorry if I did'nt get to speak to you all) looking at & appreciating your own Xs, must have taken over 20 pics. Thanks to the hard work by Papa-James, TQO-Matt for the card, Simon for BBQ invite (sorry could'nt go as had cousins 30th party!) & Kevin-Forumadmin. That was my longest ever trip in X nearly 450 miles, infact nealy half a year's driving for me! Even though it was a long drive, missing my missus's cousins wedding & my team playing at the FA Cup, I thoroughly enjoyed the day. Cheers to you all & regards James
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 20-05-2007 at 02:15 PM.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Great pics !! I felt so so proud to be with all those Xs on the track!! When I saw those supposingly so called scantily clad models, did'nt see them working hard enough! Also I thought I should have replaced em as my chest are real !!
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 20-05-2007 at 03:37 PM.
    Honda's Finest Hour

Currently trying to sort through nearly 1GB of pictures ... and that's after getting rid of the naff pictures ... I'll process a set of low res shots and upload links to them ... hopefully I'll have a list for people to look at ...
    Enjoy it while it lasts ...
    Gone but never forgotten ...
    '96 Black over Red 3.0 Manual JDM import (09/04 to 10/07)
    '06 Grey Audi RS4 Saloon Manual (08/06 to 09/07)
    '90 Lotus Carlton (06/05 to 08/06)
    '77 Spitfire Mk V (06/87 to 09/89)

Are you in the Motor trade? Shame you will be selling your X soon? think Dan the Man might be interested here? Any particular reason? RS4 gone? R8 cancelled and now R8 targa on order! I did'nt know there was a targa coming out? You're one lucky bloke! Can't wait for the pictures though!
    Honda's Finest Hour

Default Thanks to all

Many thanks to James and everyone else involved for yesterday's event. My wife and I had a great time. I've tried to attach a few pics but keep getting an error message; If someone sends me their email address I'll send them to you - you might have more luck uploading them onto the site. I'm afraid the track pics are blurred - I didn't set a fast enough shutter speed (that's my excuse).

I noticed G1 NSX (yellow) pulled in by the police - hope all's OK. We had an good drive back - heading into the sun with open roof, straight to our favourite curry house; a great end to a great day.

Thanks again

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Are you in the Motor trade? Shame you will be selling your X soon? think Dan the Man might be interested here? Any particular reason? RS4 gone? R8 cancelled and now R8 targa on order! I did'nt know there was a targa coming out? You're one lucky bloke! Can't wait for the pictures though!
    Not in the motor trade ... but a recent boom at work has hit a brick wall with too many problems to go in to here ... had to liquidise a few assets ... but it should hopefully just be a short term blip ... the R8 Targa is not certain to enter production ... but it is rumoured Audi are looking at releasing an open top version ... my own opinion is that it will not be a convertable (i.e. folding soft top) and I think a roll off canvas roof as found on some italian exotics, and the Elise, is not likely to find its way onto an Audi ... so I am hoping for a Targa ... the V10 is more or less a certainty ... although I think Audi are trying to stay very non commital on this.
    Enjoy it while it lasts ...
    Gone but never forgotten ...
    '96 Black over Red 3.0 Manual JDM import (09/04 to 10/07)
    '06 Grey Audi RS4 Saloon Manual (08/06 to 09/07)
    '90 Lotus Carlton (06/05 to 08/06)
    '77 Spitfire Mk V (06/87 to 09/89)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast