Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crashed Silver NSX at Japfest?

1. Default

Guys

You must have all been more shocked than me. I didn't have a passenger LOL !!!

Quite glad too

My body is still in a state of shock but thanks for all your concerns. Much appreciated and I am truly sorry if I ruined the track session for the remainder of you. Its been a long wait for Japfest with much organisation from James and his crew and you must be a tad pi$$ed off (and rightly so) that some over exuberant driving led to an early chequered/red flag. Happy to refund you all your £20

Now, where are the T & C's of that insurance company I am with....................

Promise to upload photos and the video my scared witless lady took on the corner where the tank slapper started. Bless her. She was more shook up than me

Must say guys, solid cars these Hondas !!!

TTFN

PS. Any donations to the Uninsured NSX Benevolent fund wil be gratefully received (engine and gearbox certainly intact and I can tell you the car was flying !!)

no need to apologise, i'm sure no-one else would have gone to such lengths to demonstrate the rigidity of the NSX frame!

unfortunately with the advent of the inter-web-net, and more so chat forums, we couldn't just push it down the road a bit and use the 'swerved to miss a cat' line.

if it helps, Greybloke wants a o/s foglight, and that definately still works.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Smile

Here are the pictures taken by an attendee and posted on SELOC the lotus owners web site.

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=120627

I am glad your ok, as i looked at the pictures i thought youd over cooked it but as the pictures unfurled i couldnt believe what i was seeing!!!!

I dont know whether to comiserate or say bl**** well done sir. at least you werent pussy footing about on the track

Expect the following: at a sales meeting a few years ago and a collegue walked in with our manager who announced said collegue was leaving.

What followed was a heated arguement as to who got his laptop and company car!!!

Expect lots of calls re parts!!!!!!

ps get well soon.

Glad the driver walked away - a member on our forum (type-r-owners) posted this sequence of pictures.

If they are taken down upon request of the owner then fair enough.

NSX accident in pictures....

Carl.

and.........................

NSX accident in pictures....

Last edited by Carl-1969; 21-05-2007 at 08:18 AM.

6. Default

OMG!!! Simon - I am so glad to read you walked away from that crash fairly much in one piece. I have seen this type of high speed crash a few times before with far less favourable outcomes. It's amazing to see that the NSX frame stood up to the impact and subsequent roll - a testament to what was frequently referred to as the "over engineered" chassis of the NSX. Good luck with sorting out the aftermath of this event ... let us know if there is anything we can help with.

All the best,

Dan

7. Default

Thank you all for your concerns

Blue 5. As you rightly so I dont do "pussy footing" but my sense to know one lap at 75% speed to warm up tyres and brakes should have prevailed

I have driven the Combe on several occasions in FWD and 4WD cars and so I know the circuit. And the NSX at Donington for at least 40 laps. I was unprepared for the rear to step round so easily. I honestly didnt feel turning into the final bend that I had too much speed. But there you go. Probably my usual over confidence.

As to offers for help (DTA thanks) I can confirm my insurance company has told me to F O and not even recover the car from the circuit.

So once I sort that out, and get it back into my dads garage, I would appreciate sensible offers for mainly the whole. Engine and gearbox felt good and strong on the way down and on track. Shame I just paid £1100 to sort that the day before>

:O(

Quote Originally Posted by Siofkent View Post
    You must have all been more shocked than me. I didn't have a passenger LOL !!!

Quite glad too
    Hey mate, I was late and by the time I parked up and got settled I heard that the NSX's were making their way to the pits, so I didn't make it on time for the session.
    I was watching you flying past from the side (the HOT stand was just after Folly facing Avon Rise) with envy, until I saw you flyin off!

I'm glad you're OK, and shame about the NSX.

Sorry to hear about your accident Si - the pics looks *very* scary!!!

Hope your bruised body, wallet and pride all recover quickly and you can remain philasophical about the whole thing!!!

~Phil.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience. —Dilbert.

Si, as has been posted elsware, glad you are in one piece. Very sorry to see the state of your lovely car, I just dont think it'll polish out.

Good luck in getting things sorted soon.
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast