Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotted thread

I can second that & probably majority of the X owners here! Something that is very different, not badged conscious, quite rare & reliable darent I say! Thank the lord I did'nt go for a 996 or even a older 348!!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne
    I can second that & probably majority of the X owners here! Something that is very different, not badged conscious, quite rare & reliable darent I say! Thank the lord I did'nt go for a 996 or even a older 348!!
    Yeah I know exactly what you mean, although Porche was low down my list, an older Ferrari was a possibility, but lets face it, for the same money all you are paying for is the badge and not a good car. I was tempted buy a Jag XKR, but after I looked at one, I say them (well mostly XK8s) all over the place.

Jim
    Last edited by mutley; 29-04-2007 at 11:53 AM.
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

When the X arrived, it was better then the rival 348, which alot the car press stated was'nt one of Maranello finest! Plus it can & will rust, expensive to service & needs more regular TLC & was very tail happy! When the 355 arrived, the price & performance made the Porsche the only natural rival. Think you can pick up a earliest XK8 a P reg for 8-10k now & a super charged one 2-3 k more?, so much higher depreciation lost. Also the key thing is its much heavier weight & tad too GT, rather than a driver's car that the X is.
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 29-04-2007 at 12:57 PM.
    Honda's Finest Hour

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
    Is the private plate got 'ECG' on it as if it has it belongs to a consultant cardiologist at Papworth Hospital.

SS
    Yes, that's the one.

....................Think you can pick up a earliest XK8 a P reg for 8-10k now & a super charged one 2-3 k more?, so much higher depreciation lost. Also the key thing is its much heavier weight & tad too GT, rather than a driver's car that the X is.

Yes those prices are about right, and I think the other problem with it is that they still wanted the luxury of being a Jaguar, so all that wouldn't help with the weight issue, the NSX was definately the best choice by far.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Thats the issue, do want loads of creature comforts, which means more weight, affects handling or do you bare with basic essentials and though the X a bit tight on this options front, think Honda got it just about right!

The previous generations XK8 & XKR were 1685 & 1735 KGs, given the 3.2 was bewteen 1382 to 1420ish KGs, then extra weight adds upto approx 4 grown men or 5 ladies. Maybe we add tow bar & trailer to the X!! The new Jags uses all Aluminium, strangely Honda thought of this idea in late 80's, before its debut in 90/91 globally! Once again the X was the innovator!
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 29-04-2007 at 02:10 PM.
    Honda's Finest Hour

Seen a very nice Silver NSX in Colchester today. Tollgate shopping centre to be exact - a "T" plate iirc.

Nice of you to join us Carl! Do you own a red X then?
    Honda's Finest Hour

Nice of you to join us Carl! Do you own a red X then?
    If only.

I am a huge NSX fan but owning one is out of my reach as things stand.

I have owned a CTR (EP3) for the last 4 years but a diesel beater is now the tool at hand.

I hope to do a deal on a nice S2000 this winter - who knows, if the numbers improve next year then NSX ownership may be on the cards.

Well, theres plenty of time to save up, maybe after the S2000 next time round, you might be moving up to an X! Don't worry they don't rust at all, so there will be around in many years to come!
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast