Page 67 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotted thread

1. Default Drifting

Oulton Park "introduction to drifting", generally between £100 and £150. Low-grip surface, which they then bowser with water to make it more slippery, so you don't get out of second gear but can still lose traction all the way round. There are tyres and cones to hit so it is not without risk - an M3 took its front end off yesterday and there's usually 4 or 5 light dings throughout the day. I usually take the MX5 but risked the NSX this time for logistical reasons.

The next day is 6th November (details here)

Some videos of previous outings so you can see the tracks and get a feel for how the day works:
    Helmet-cam in NSX (this was last year before they started wetting the track)
    Rollbar-cam in MX5
    Me smacking into the barriers in Evo They've since removed those big barriers after about half the field damaged their cars on them that day! The tyres are still there though.

Personally I think it's the dogs' danglies but it's not everyone's cup of tea and there is a fairly high risk of smacking your car into something (albeit at low speed). Soooo rewarding when you get it right though

This is the first Marga Hills kitted NSX I've seen in the UK (apart from mine). Despite the 'two-tone' it still looks mighty stunning...

Quote Originally Posted by QuietJim View Post
    This is what mine looks like right now:

I quite like it like that, I might keep it mucky for a while
    1992 JDM NSX Auto, Marga Hills Wide-Arch Body Kit, Taitec JGTC Centre-Exit Exhaust & Diffuser - 'The Dream'
    2006 Lexus RX400h - 'The Work Horse'

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Spirit View Post
    This is the first Marga Hills kitted NSX I've seen in the UK (apart from mine). Despite the 'two-tone' it still looks mighty stunning...
    Hmmm.... I think its called gilding the lilley
    ------------------
    2004 3.2 Man, Formula Red. Now Sold and not missed as much as expected. Life goes on.

Default JDM Red Coupe

Spotted Tuesday am just off the A130 Sandlers Farm junction .. C8NSX ... all red with A/M Wheels ... nice and local
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Norton Way Honda, Letchworth, this morning. Red with black roof - looked like it was going in for a service. Very nice looking and a good reminder of how well the cars look with the black roof (low and mean)

Richard

Mine was there Monday!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Red pop-up on the A12 at Colchester at 12ish today.

Not me..? L696ULO or gumball

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Purple, on the road going past Exeter Uni; Sunday at 1.30pm. I was dropping my Son off - not in mine as not quite enough room for all his stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by howellr View Post
    Purple, on the road going past Exeter Uni; Sunday at 1.30pm. I was dropping my Son off - not in mine as not quite enough room for all his stuff !
    Purple? As in the almost black purple or something lighter? Interested as I have been wondering what a lighter purple NSX would look like.