Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: got a new toy

Default skylines

Funny but I found chasing a supposed 400 bhp Skyline round Bedford quite easy and the NSX seemed faster through the corners....both tail out action but more effective in the NSX. Straight line is obviously a different story but if you start the straight with more speed, it really does nullify HP figures.

I'm still horribly jealous though.

Mo

nice one Darren.to quote a line from the life of brian "you lucky lucky b*****d

3. Default

cheers Ivor

sometimes I lie awake at night dreaming of being spat at in the face

:lol: :lol: :lol:

how's your building work going? do you have a release date for your imprisoned NSX yet?
    Darren Ferneyhough

http://today.nsedreams.com
    Working with a growing team improving health, wealth & prosperity.
    If you know someone that wants or needs to improve any of these
    areas please connect them with me via my LinkedIn profile above

4. Default Re: skylines

Quote Originally Posted by modarr
    Funny but I found chasing a supposed 400 bhp Skyline round Bedford quite easy and the NSX seemed faster through the corners....both tail out action but more effective in the NSX. Straight line is obviously a different story but if you start the straight with more speed, it really does nullify HP figures.

I'm still horribly jealous though.

Mo
    For what its worth I raced a skyline down the strip at santapod in my 1991 3.0l standard NSX and won. . Don't know the spec of the sykline though. Might have only been a single turbo version, but it was heavily stickered up, so I guessed it wasn't a standard version.

One of my friends had two Skyline GTRs an r33 and then an r32. He finally got rid of the last one due to high running costs. Both fantastic cars though. Had passanger rides in them at several track days.
    Would have thought a skyline's fancy computer controlled 4 wheel drive system would make it faster round a track than an NSX?
    'Fornit Some Fornus'

Default skylines

I would have thought so too, however the car was sliding around a fair bit and slower round the bends... I've never been passed by one. I think the weight kills the handling. Its nothing compared to an Evo when it comes to corners. A well driven Evo will leave the NSX for dead.

At amatuer track days, driver skill plays the most important part. Mo, with respect, you have been going to Bedford for years, and are very quick. You drive your car like you stole it. You can lap your standard NSX round there faster than I managed in my semi-modded one, on my second visit to Bedford.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlaltdelboy

how's your building work going? do you have a release date for your imprisoned NSX yet?
    the building work, slowly doing the inside at the moment and then the outside after the inside is done.im probably going to run out of money before its finished as well,so the car is going to be locked up untill next summer at least,
    the audi a4 is a nice enough car but jesus am i missing the NSX

Default skylines

If you're calling me a joy rider then your damn right.

9. Default

At risk of getting this thread back on topic here's some piccies of the beast

Darren Ferneyhough

http://today.nsedreams.com
    Working with a growing team improving health, wealth & prosperity.
    If you know someone that wants or needs to improve any of these
    areas please connect them with me via my LinkedIn profile above

Very Nice 8)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12