Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '94-'96 OEM back box

1. Default '94-'96 OEM back box

Hi,

I have a customer who is in need of an OEM back box to fit his '94 JDM NSX - the baffels in his back box have gone kaput. Preferably he wants a '96 box because it is slightly newer but any back box will be considered. Must be in excellent condition. Reason for not going aftermarket is to maintain the stock sound of the car - no loud droning or F1-like harmonics desired. I realise that the back box is not an individual piece so full exhaust systems will also be considered. Please get in touch with me if you can help.

Many thanks!

Dan

Please note that this is probably the same 'customer' that I posted about a few posts back, wanting a standard exhaust.

There were no replies before, so I'll assume there'll be none now.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Please note that this is probably the same 'customer' that I posted about a few posts back, wanting a standard exhaust.

There were no replies before, so I'll assume there'll be none now.
    Hi Kevin,

You're right - same customer!

So far I've had one person informing me of the availability of a '99 stock exhaust system. I'll discuss it with the customer but I'm not sure the system will fit his car as the exhaust design was altered in '96/'97 (I think).

All the best,

Dan

'99 back box will not fit a '94

5. Default

Hmmm ... I didn't think it would. Any information as to what changed between the '93/'94 and '99 model?

Thanks,

Dan

I would have thought the bore of pipe would be different (it changed again in 02). If the hangers are the same then maybe you could adapt?

HTH
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Pipe diameter is the same.

You CAN fit a pre-97 exhaust on a '97-'01 with adapter pipes, the '97-on has longer pipes to connect to the rest of the system, special adapter pipes are available to fit pre'97 on the '97-on model.

Most aftermarket back boxes are pre-97 model, these are also sold as fitting '97-on as than sold with the adapter pipes included.

You CAN NOT fit a '97-'01 exhaust on a pre-97, only way would be to cut and shorten the pipes on the back box

Default Back Box

I have a OEM back box which came as part of the deal with my 92 NSX 32k miles from new some 4 /5 years ago. ; it had been removed by the previous owner when he retro fitted with a Tubi Box. It has been stored since. My car is in pristine condition, I never heard this box live in action, but have no reason to suspect that it was not in good order.

I have no use for it.

I have not determined a price for it, only to suggest that if I offer this to you /your customer, you can allow me a reasonable credit for some parts that i may wish to acquire from you in the future.

Is this of interest.?

Regards
    A vtec smile
    92 Honda NSX c/w Tubi Exhaust , decatted. 33K
    92 Honda Beat 31k kilometres
    04 Honda S2000 16.5K
    92 Porsche 928Gt 72K
    07 BMW 530d
    01 Toyota Amazon
    07 VW Polo Tdi

9. Default

This could indeed be of interest. I will discuss it with my customer on Monday and get back to you.

Thanks you also to everyone else for letting me know what the differences are between the exhausts for the various model years. Your help has been much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150105565660

This chaps selling an auto box BUT if you read the add, refers to exhaust for sale, maybe of interest?
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast