Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Santa Pod 10th October - anyone interested?

Default Re: santa pod meeting

Quote Originally Posted by jk38
    :?:

Do we get a 'club' parking spot together inside?
    I'm organising this with the S2K club - should get a shared stand/parking area together.

What time do we meet?
    Err - we could all meet inside the show (in which case everyone can turn up when they like) or perhaps someone local could recommend a good venue (in which case people have to be more or less on time )? ... TBA, at the moment

Do we buy tickets individually or as a club?
    It depends - obviously I'm happy to get tickets for the 'definates' but then we have to be sure to meet up so I can distribute them - I think it's easier if we get tickets individually especially for those who aren't certain they can come along. Please let me know if (anyone) wants me to get these and I'll arrange them.

I understand it's a Japanese car 'run what you brung', but what else goes on at these 'do's?
    To be honest, I don't have a clue - the S2K club have a link here

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/index....owtopic=174686

and they seem to think it was a pretty good day last year. I expect it to be similar to JAE (lot's of club stands, some traders, questionable food) but with the addition of drag racing - Maybe Panda (who posted on another thread) could enlighten us?

Hope this helps a bit - will keep you posted when I find out more.

Joe

PS: Kevin - if you'd like to move this thread, fine with me

Current list of those who have expressed an interest so far is

Joe
    Kevin
    Allister
    Rick
    Pande
    Charlie:one:
    Steve (possible)
    Paul (possible)
    DamienW (possible)
    jk38 (possible)

3. Default

Hi joe

I think it is a fantastic idea to get us both together. SantaPod, like all these meets is what you make it. It was a lot of fun last year.

Do you think any of you guys will run an NSX up the ¼ ?

Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
    Hi joe

I think it is a fantastic idea to get us both together. SantaPod, like all these meets is what you make it. It was a lot of fun last year.
    I'm already looking forward to it.
    I've booked a joint stand for us both (22 cars in total, but this can be changed). (also posted onto S2ki)

Quote Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
    Do you think any of you guys will run an NSX up the ¼ ?
    I think a couple might - but I certainly won't be! Both the car and driver are too lardy to make an impressive time :lol:

Cheers
    Joe

NOTE: Additional info - to get into the club area you need a 'club pass' which the organisers are sending me - thus we'll need to find a way to distribute those to people before the day (if we're not meeting up beforehand).

Hi -

OK, I have the car passes for Santa Pod - if you'd prefer me to send them to you in the post, then please PM me...

I'll be sending a bunch of them to AE for the S2000 guys as well (Ian - how many do you need?)...

Cheers
    Joe

6. Default

Take how many you need and send me the rest, I posted address on s2ki for you

I'll post mine out for the definates. Those who are possibles I'll try and arrange giving them passes on the day (this was a bit of a mare last year though!)
    Silverstone / Red S2000 Jan '02
    Admin and Community Organiser of S2K International
    Chairman of UK S2000 Owners Club

Default Santa Pod

Hi,
    Just to let you know I still will be coming along to Santa Pod with my NSX, How do I get tickets and where from please.
    Cheers
    Rick

Hi Rick,

If you pm me your address I'll send you a car park pass (which is free). Note, this doesn't get you into the site, you still have to pay on the door (£12), but it means they'll let you into the 'club area' so you can try to find us.

So far the list looks like this

Joe
    Kevin
    Allister
    Rick
    Pande
    Russell
    Steve (possible)
    Paul (possible)
    DamienW (possible)
    jk38 (possible)

Looks like I'll need to get some more passes..

For those of you not sure if you can make it, I'll take some extras along. If you pm/mail me, I'll send you my mobile # and then if you turn up I can bring your pass to the gate.

Joe

Hi,

Here's the status of those attending the Santa Pod thing in a couple of weeks -

(NB: EDITed again 2/10/04)

Passes sent to
    Joe (!)
    Kevin
    Rick
    Russell
    jk38
    Pande
    DamienW
    Allister

Pass kept for
    Steve

Possibles-
    Paul

If anyone who'd still like to come would PM or Email me I'll send them out. After next week, I'll just hold a few for the day so you can phone me when you get to the gate - if you PM/mail me I'll send you my phone number so you can ring me on the day...

Thanks
    Joe

10. Default

Guys I'd recommend you swap mobile numbers - last year it was difficult to find the stands with no directional signage etc. I had to talk people in

Joe - we have each others - I'll give mine to the S2kip guys and you to the NSX guys ok?

Looking forward too it
    Silverstone / Red S2000 Jan '02
    Admin and Community Organiser of S2K International
    Chairman of UK S2000 Owners Club

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast