Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NSX HiD fitting session

Thanx SimonP

Any chance you could address the same problem for Lukes other posts here seeing as how he's gone AWOL since posting

regards
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Done as requested

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha
    Thanx SimonP

Any chance you could address the same problem for Lukes other posts here seeing as how he's gone AWOL since posting

regards
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

About time we had another of these sessions.......Dan???!!???!

I might be tempted also after the move

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

5. Default

I was due to start a thread on this subject but glad its been brought up

Does anyone else find the 1991 NSX headlights on dipped absolutely effing terrible

When I am hammering it around the twisties in the Weald of Kent where I live, I can see close to feck all past 10 metres in front of me (no road lights where I live)

I turn on front fogs all the time for extra width but no further distance

Please please please someone tell me these lights are the answer????
    Si of Kent
    1991 Silver manual

They are no better on later pop ups I can assure you. Am wondering if there are bulbs or candles up front!
    Guardian of 'POB'

7. Default

Its all right for Senna when battering his test car round Suzuka during the day, but us normal folk have to content with road conditions, and Saxo VTR's as little play toys !!!

Have you tried the Super brilliance H4 and H1 bulbs available at Halfords ??
    They are better than the standard ones by a long way, but not a good as these.

Quote Originally Posted by Siofkent
    Its all right for Senna when battering his test car round Suzuka during the day, but us normal folk have to content with road conditions, and Saxo VTR's as little play toys !!!

Get yourself some of Dan's HID's they are amazing. I have had them in my car since last winter and they have improved night driving 1000 times! They also look super cool if you have a silver car!
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

I have owned BMWs with xenons and, whilst there was so much about my NSX that I did like when I got it, the OEM headlights were really poor.

I have since installed xenon kits as supplied by DTA Motorsport and they are a significant improvement (although still not as good as an X5). An excellent guide to fitting was provided by DTA and even I was able to install them with no difficulty. The sidelights I bought at the same time were more of a problem though and you really need the car up on a ramp (or stands I suppose) to get decent access to the mounting screws.

RECOMMENDED.

I paid £245 as part of a group buy but I have seen what looks to be much cheaper sets on USA Ebay. Bear in mind, of course, that postage and tax charges would have to be added on anything coming from the US.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast