Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Brake upgrade advice

1. Default

thanks marc.

Baz too- but no PM as yet (if it was intended for me)
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Alternatively, without having to change the fronts to 17 wheels, bigger rotors, bigger callipers with more pots, would it not be worth upgrading to to Type Rs fronts 298mm rotors and type R callipers? I think DTM has oem size 282mm Mugens at present? Since if you upgrade a size up on the fronts, you are going have to change back wheels to match, unless you can get 02+ oem alloys, which are very rare! Just my 2p.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

3. Default

To be fair when we were running the OEM setup with different pads and brake lines the braking didn't feel that wanting, and the feel was great. Consequently i think something must of been up with Reg's setup for him to be so disappointed...although i don't know what year his is.

I personally would think about rebuilding the calipers, is there a service kit for them? Otherwise i can only recommend one solution

'02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

4. Default

everytime i see that photo i think the wheel is photoshopped..lol

my brakes were fine on the ring, combination of good pads, decent discs and GOOD FLUID THATS FRESH was fine for me.

I for one think changing fluid is always a good move and cheap.
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

(Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

5. Default

PS. i would like to drive robbs car to feel the brakes tho
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

(Juan Manuel Fangio)

(Gordon Murray)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Fenn View Post
    To be fair when we were running the OEM setup with different pads and brake lines the braking didn't feel that wanting, and the feel was great. Consequently i think something must of been up with Reg's setup for him to be so disappointed...although i don't know what year his is.

I personally would think about rebuilding the calipers, is there a service kit for them? Otherwise i can only recommend one solution

Yes, there is a service kit for them, ticked that box.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by simonprelude View Post
    I have said this before on NSX Prime and on here, the 2 piece slotted rotors from Racing Brake are an excellent component. They are also significantly lighter than stock due to the bell being Aluminium and have the advantage that when it comes to replacement you can just change the rotor.

They are currently on offer directly from Racing Brake

http://www.racingbrake.com/NSX_s/4425.htm

I am using these with Goodridge stainless hoses, Motul fluid and Type R pads.
    Does anyone have any feedback on the single piece discs please? Also, does anyone know of a UK stockist?

Thanks

Simon got the 2 piece RB discs and maybe Luke? They have said positive things. Not sure about the single piece, but the only difference is weight saving and the fact you can replace the outer disc and keep the centre aluminuim piece in long run! I've searched for a UK supplier, but to no avail when interested and was going to order them from SOS or Dali, but instead got AP Dixcels from Japan courtesy of Bazza and they are great. HTH
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Not sure about the single piece, but the only difference is weight saving and the fact you can replace the outer disc and keep the centre aluminuim piece in long run!

....and the better heat dissipation....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567