Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pic's of NSX's spotted

Quote Originally Posted by HangBangle
    :confused:

Sorry I am not keeping it up to club standards. This is despite not taking it out very often too!
    The fact that anyone owns an NSX should be enough for the next owner to give them good grace.

Nowt as queer as folks eh
    Guardian of 'POB'

I suppoe it is very easy to be over critical of other people's cars, especially if you are fortunate to start with one that is perfect (or new!) - at the end of the day they are just that, cars, and meant to be enjoyed from the inside more than most in the NSXs case! I would say your only fault it not driving it enough by the sounds of it!
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Quote Originally Posted by reg
    The fact that anyone owns an NSX should be enough for the next owner to give them good grace.

Nowt as queer as James eh
    Totally agree...
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Default Hangbangle

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietOne
    Wow I'd forgotten I'd even posted that question! So then what are the 'steads' in question that could possibly keep you away from the magical key with an H on it!?!?

Come on bring it along to Castle Coombe and keep all our pride and joys company!

Cheers, Matt.
    Hi Matt (et al) the NSX was a gift to myself after 25 years of grind and agonising over GT2/3 v F355/360 v early Gallardo, clincher was when a buddy bought an F550 for £55k, did 3k in 15 months but spent £11.5k in service costs. Have had lots of good (company car) metal over the years inc; 84 Lotus Esprit Turbo, 85 911 Carrera sport, Merc 500SLC, etc. I now buy cars but find it difficult to part with them (moved from being an expenditure item to asset). I now have 7 cars (4 of which I bought at less than 2 years old) and cost over £130k in folding readies (I really do have a problem).

I really should get out more and would be interested in the Castle Combe event. When is it?

Hangbangle
    Hangbangle (obvious to ex Beemer lovers). LLB 04 manual NSX (25 year reward).

Japfest is the 19th of May (Saturday) details are here

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2015

Would be great to have you along as well, I don't think we have many facelift NA2's coming at the moment.

So what other cars do you have. £130k sounds a lot, but not really that much for 7 cars.

Cars I drive at the moment (4 of them) set me back £56.5k and the newest was 4 years old, I hate the initial depreciation but 'might' buy something new soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HangBangle
    Hi Matt (et al) the NSX was a gift to myself after 25 years of grind and agonising over GT2/3 v F355/360 v early Gallardo, clincher was when a buddy bought an F550 for £55k, did 3k in 15 months but spent £11.5k in service costs. Have had lots of good (company car) metal over the years inc; 84 Lotus Esprit Turbo, 85 911 Carrera sport, Merc 500SLC, etc. I now buy cars but find it difficult to part with them (moved from being an expenditure item to asset). I now have 7 cars (4 of which I bought at less than 2 years old) and cost over £130k in folding readies (I really do have a problem).

I really should get out more and would be interested in the Castle Combe event. When is it?

Hangbangle
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Default Hangbangle

Hi Matt

in addition to the 04 LBB NSX I currently have the following:

Daily Motorway Cruiser: 01 Audi S8 (had for nearly 4 years)
    Fantastic Qcar runabout: 06 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT.
    Ratbag Ragtop (missus keep happy, me keep NSX): 04 Saab 9.3 Convertable.
    01 Fiat Punto LX: (number one daughter)
    98 VW Polo: (number two daughter).
    99 Suzuki Jeep Softop: (kids beach car).

You can see where the money is spent of course and the insurance is crippling but what the hell! Now we have the new emmissions tax to support. Any bright ideas on how to mitigate these costs?

I think I might be able to wangle the Japfest trip as I am in the process of buying a flat in Devon and could combine two things together.

cheers

Hangbangle
    Hangbangle (obvious to ex Beemer lovers). LLB 04 manual NSX (25 year reward).

Thought I'd bump this thread as someone at Brands Hatch was asking about the 'Lipstick' coloured NSX - Monza Pearl?
    See post #7.
    Last edited by NSXGB; 14-09-2020 at 06:56 PM.

8. Default

For the first time ever I saw I think an NSX-R (or something that looked very similar to one). The weird thing is, it was a UK car; 04 registration but I saw it just a few miles from my little village of Neuheim in the middle of no-where in Kanton Zug, Switzerland?! Last Sunday eve 27th Sep about 6 PM going up the Edlibachestrasse road near Neuageri I was in a Porsche 912 but couldn't persuade the owner to follow him to get a pic I would have had about a 3 second window to get one, mind you....

Quote Originally Posted by dobbiej View Post
    For the first time ever I saw I think an NSX-R (or something that looked very similar to one). The weird thing is, it was a UK car; 04 registration but I saw it just a few miles from my little village of Neuheim in the middle of no-where in Kanton Zug, Switzerland?! Last Sunday eve 27th Sep about 6 PM going up the Edlibachestrasse road near Neuageri I was in a Porsche 912 but couldn't persuade the owner to follow him to get a pic I would have had about a 3 second window to get one, mind you....
    Well one from the UK was going to be going to Switzerland. Maybe that was it? The owner or ex-owner might confirm....

Neil’s just confirmed to me it’s now gone to Switzerland but never forgotten.😢
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234