Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascc

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha
    Its no replacement for the NSX!

But will that appeal remain once they've priced it? Sub £50k and they have a chance. But with the V10 and other technology expect higher pricing. Once it hits £75k (or more) then I'd be off to Gaydon to collect the Vantage or DB9.

regards
    Just let me know when and I'll get the day off work:p

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Its no replacement for the NSX!

But will that appeal remain once they've priced it? Sub £50k and they have a chance. But with the V10 and other technology expect higher pricing. Once it hits £75k (or more) then I'd be off to Gaydon to collect the Vantage or DB9.

regards
    Around $ 46.000.00 US gets you a base spec Acura RL with paddle shifter SH-AWD and an engine as powerful ( on paper ) as the current or shall I say last NSX.

Say they double the price more or less and level it at $ 100.000.00 US that is around £ 52.000.00. If it does come up at that price, I see a lot of them will be sold! Think S2000 times 2!

Cheers,

AR

Default Ascc

Looks like the Toyota FT-HS to me!! couldn't get the picture to attach, but sure you may have seen details on Piston Heads?

Hasn't grown on me yet!

Quote Originally Posted by AR
    Say they double the price more or less and level it at $ 100.000.00 US that is around £ 52.000.00. Cheers, AR
    Ary,

This all looks good at todays exchange rate, however, a $20k Mustang ends up costing £30k so on that basis the new Acura would cost £75k, so as I said, I'll be off to Aston.

regards

Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Ary,

This all looks good at todays exchange rate, however, a $20k Mustang ends up costing £30k so on that basis the new Acura would cost £75k, so as I said, I'll be off to Aston.

regards

Paul
    Paul do you think they will make the same mistake twice in a row?

Take the S2000, IMHO is a succes stealing customers from boxters, M coupes, lotus etc.

I usre hope that they keep it around the same price as the last NSX, or I'll be going elsewhere.

Cheers,

AR

Paul do you think they will make the same mistake twice in a row?

Take the S2000, IMHO is a succes stealing customers from boxters, M coupes, lotus etc.

I usre hope that they keep it around the same price as the last NSX, or I'll be going elsewhere.

Cheers,

AR
    Sadly I think they will. With the exception of the CTR, Honda have struggle to get the performance models correctly specified and priced since the mid 80's. The ITR sold because it was (and still is) the best ever handling FWD car in DC2 form.

The S2 has picked up since the 04 facelift as they tamed the 'too focused for some' handling and made the whole thing look fresher, more up-market. And where was the Type-R version??

The focus is on the US market. If it was the UK then we would have had a limited run of the DC5 to fill the gap between CTR's.

So thats 2 of us of elsewhere .... any more?

regards
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

7. Default

YOU TRAITORS!!!

By the time it comes out how much will we be able to pick up a Gallardo or Murcielago for?? That's where my wallet will be heading!

Unless of course Fuzilov sells his NA2 Type R at the right time or I can be ar5ed to import one!

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Shoreham by Sea, Liege, Moscow! and other interesting places!

Not keen on this at all, unless there's another mid engined concept yet to be unveiled! If I was to be interested in front engine rear wheel drive then I would buy an Aston. I think this is more in the Corvette and even the new Nissan GTR territory

And as for making mistakes, even the new CTR doesn't get the greatest of write ups in this months Car, Honda talks of making the car for more mature buyers "with an easier and more comfortable ride" ?

As for buying a Gallardo, they are getting affordable now its just the running costs that put me off! Looks like the only replacement for an NSX is another NSX! (not that ime getting rid of mine!)

leigh

Quote Originally Posted by kowalski
    Looks like the only replacement for an NSX is another NSX!

leigh
    I could not have put it better myself.

Cheers,

AR

Looks like the only replacement for an NSX is another NSX!
    I could not have put it better myself.

Cheers,

AR
    And you've proved that it only brings more happiness
    Senninha

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast