Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX-R Production figures

1. Question NSX-R Production figures

Does any one have solid figures for production numbers of NA1/2 Rs..
    I have always thought around 1200 all in but do not know how many NA1 made or NA2s.

As far as I know about 200 of yours and 500 of mine.

Cheers,

AR

What about S Zero's, surely the forgotten link between the 2 R's

Of course mine's a fatboy S :-)

Mark

Mark I believe that the S type moved into the custom program, that was available until the end of production.

They should have called the S Zero NA2 type R mark 1 or NSX-R Mk2.

Cheers,

AR

5. Default

I know that Ary's Without Limits special is another story but what is more desirable (trying to steer away from asking what is "better") the NA1 type R or the NA2 Type S?

Also I thought that the S Zero was different to a standard S?

.. and I call myself an NSX owner! Still we all have to learn somehow!

Cheers

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

The answers are on here as to which is better

Clicky
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Ary, I'm not entirely sure about the Custom Program and how it relates to the Type S or indeed any NSX that went through the program. My guess is that if as a new buyer you wanted your new car painted in a non standard colour, with a differant colour leather trim or the wood centre console etc it would come through the Custom Program?
    My car has Custom Program sill plates but I assumed it was because the original purchaser specified a bunch of non standard "options" which had to be retrofitted or caused the car to be taken off the main production line. Having said that Imola Orange Pearl was a non standard colour option for the JDM 1997/98model year but along with the flat mid blue, and metallic lime green were standard colours (?) for the S/S Zeros.
    My supposedly lightweight car has a/c, pas, cruise, tcs, twin airbags and a stereo. (The drivers airbag and cruise are about to go in the skip though). Having said that, most Type R's also seem to have a/c and stereo and the biggest weight savings come from the single pane rear cabin screen (glass) and seats.

Luke, the S Zero differs from the S in that it's spring rates are equivelent to the Type R in firmness, which is roughly 25% stiffer again than the S. They both use the same, thicker, rear anti roll bar. The S is itself roughly 65% stiffer than the standard NA2 NSX. The increased damper rates are even higher, in percentage terms, than these increased spring rates. In all other respects the S and S Zero are the same and follow the R theme ie reduced sound proofing, thin (rubbish) carpet, lighter wheels, lighter spoiler, mesh engine cover. Neither the S or S Zero have shorter final drive ratio's like both the R's do.

I suspect that an S Zero is less likely to have been spec'ed up with options than an S but new buyers in this sort of market are a strange lot. More money than sense you might say! Whitness the number of RS Clubsport Porsches with a/c, stereo etc when really if you need those comforts you wouldn't actually start with an RS Clubsport.

Luke, IMHO the Type R designation has a cache that the Type S will never be able to match and therefore the R's will be more desirable and sought after.
    Which is best is entirely upto your requirements. The S, S Zero and both R's are all likely to be too firm, loud, basic and uncomfortable for the majority of drivers, at least as roadcars. The standard NSX hits such a sweet spot as a roadcar that the tougher, harder versions probably make them worse cars for most people. Best to have one of each :-))

Simon, is the DVD in English? Might have to get me a copy but only if I can understand what they're saying :-)

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    Ary, I'm not entirely sure about the Custom Program and how it relates to the Type S or indeed any NSX that went through the program. My guess is that if as a new buyer you wanted your new car painted in a non standard colour, with a differant colour leather trim or the wood centre console etc it would come through the Custom Program?
    My car has Custom Program sill plates but I assumed it was because the original purchaser specified a bunch of non standard "options" which had to be retrofitted or caused the car to be taken off the main production line. Having said that Imola Orange Pearl was a non standard colour option for the JDM 1997/98model year but along with the flat mid blue, and metallic lime green were standard colours (?) for the S/S Zeros.
    My supposedly lightweight car has a/c, pas, cruise, tcs, twin airbags and a stereo. (The drivers airbag and cruise are about to go in the skip though). Having said that, most Type R's also seem to have a/c and stereo and the biggest weight savings come from the single pane rear cabin screen (glass) and seats.

Luke, the S Zero differs from the S in that it's spring rates are equivelent to the Type R in firmness, which is roughly 25% stiffer again than the S. They both use the same, thicker, rear anti roll bar. The S is itself roughly 65% stiffer than the standard NA2 NSX. The increased damper rates are even higher, in percentage terms, than these increased spring rates. In all other respects the S and S Zero are the same and follow the R theme ie reduced sound proofing, thin (rubbish) carpet, lighter wheels, lighter spoiler, mesh engine cover. Neither the S or S Zero have shorter final drive ratio's like both the R's do.

I suspect that an S Zero is less likely to have been spec'ed up with options than an S but new buyers in this sort of market are a strange lot. More money than sense you might say! Whitness the number of RS Clubsport Porsches with a/c, stereo etc when really if you need those comforts you wouldn't actually start with an RS Clubsport.

Luke, IMHO the Type R designation has a cache that the Type S will never be able to match and therefore the R's will be more desirable and sought after.
    Which is best is entirely upto your requirements. The S, S Zero and both R's are all likely to be too firm, loud, basic and uncomfortable for the majority of drivers, at least as roadcars. The standard NSX hits such a sweet spot as a roadcar that the tougher, harder versions probably make them worse cars for most people. Best to have one of each :-))

Simon, is the DVD in English? Might have to get me a copy but only if I can understand what they're saying :-)

Cheers

Mark
    I agree with Mark, one point is OBD. With an NSX-R you will be able to do more in terms of tuning, or at least easier.

The Type S has HID as standard and nice contrasting interior.

The NSX-R has no PAS, Cruise or Front Foglights.

All in all not much there really.

Cheers,

AR

9. Default

I have asked my Honda R&D buddy in japan.

Finally we have these production numbers

483x NSX-R NA1
    152x NSX-R NA2
    30x NSX S Zero
    248x NSX NA2 Type S
    5x NSX-R GT

10. Smile

thanks for answer,nsx-r also has no traction control and your right is a lot harder on bum you are constantly jumping around on slightest bumps,Honda have it now for civic type R launch and have lent me red 91 auto which is dreadful but easier as a day to day drive.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast