Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Value of a second hand NSX or swap for a Porsche

Gentlemen and possibly Ladies!!!

Firstly happy new year to you all

I have been so impressed by the help and PM's that I have received from so many people on this forum and my sincere thanks to one and all...

The Purple One would appear to be a very nice car as to it's inner mechanical status I have no idea, some have suggested that such little use could make it have possible brake problems and I would hope that it has been to Honda at some point.

The seller is a very nice guy and I believe the car is his own personal baby! and has been used very little. I still think the price is over the top regardless of the low mileage in fact that may even be a problem if it has not been maintained or a least had a visit or two to Honda.

Celeb owner (Ian Botham) again does not give the car any more value but is a nice thing to discuss over a pint or to tell a prospective buyer!

The general feeling is that it is worth £22 / 23,000 and at the very most £25,000

The Silver 2002 car I have seen is Auto with the targa roof and has covered 19,000 miles and again in first class order. £38,995 a little top heavy??? But we will see how things progress and perhaps he will be a little more flexible when he gets hungry in Jan and Feb (LOL)

I would not pay the asking price of £29,995 for the purple car and may well sell my Porsche first to put me in a better position for when I find the right car.

Again many thanks to all who have helped and I would still welcome any more comments or suggestion...

Dean.
    Last edited by Deano; 04-01-2007 at 03:12 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AR
    Or maybe like many of the dealers that buy an NSX he is dilusional ( sp?) about the value of it.

Was there not a green f-matic one that was for sale for ages too, or is it the same car.

Cheers,

AR
    A green one with beige leather rings a bell. Maybe this pruple one hasn't been for sale as long as I thought and it was the greenie for sale a few years ago:confused:

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

As far as I am aware the car has been for sale for over 2 years...

If I was a Rich man deee dee didle de de deeee.... sorry!

The Purple one has been for sale for a couple of years.

There was also a green tiptronic with beige seats that was for sale for years. It was also priced higher than you would expect.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacitas
    There was also a green tiptronic with beige seats that was for sale for years. It was also priced higher than you would expect.

Richard
    That's the one I was on about, it looked nice and original, but way too much money.

Cheers,

AR

I have been away on business and must apologise to the people who sent me messages with offers of test rides and info. So sorry I did not respond but this was due to pressure of work and travel.

Regards

Dean
    Still looking but no closer...

Default Still alive and still lookin....

Gweeting Gents and ladies,

I am still looking for an NSX and still have the Porsche. Found a few interesting cars and am going to look at one this week and it's an Auto agen!

Too old and fat to press that clutch all day! Will keep you all posted

Regards

Dean

Hi, welcome back! So its nearly been 6 months & you are still waiting for an X? Have you only starting searching recently again? It took me 6-7 months before I found the one I wanted and its been well worth the wait! Where is this Auto you're looking at?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Thanks for the warm welcome on my return, I have not seriously been looking as I have been busy with work! But this car came along and we may be able to do a deal.

1999 Non standard wheels

30,000 miles

Purple

Auto

Targa

It belonged to a guy called Chris from Manchester and was advertised on here a few months ago for £26,000 I have sent him a message but have not had a reply. But then he has sold his NSX so may not even visit this forum, if you know him I would appreciate any headsup info about the car.

The price for the Automatic varies more on the NSX than any other I have seen so it is very hard to make sure you are paying the right price.

If you have time please take a look at the car and give me your opinion about the price, the wheels and the car.

Cheers

Dean

Dean, I think this would have sold by now since I'm sure it was being advertised at Pistonheads and may be sold via them? I noted this car came to the clubs attention in February as I noted you have replied to the other thread under FOR SALE, where you asked if the seller still has the car, but the seller isn't a member here, just using the forum to sell his car!
    I live in Manchester and have never seen the car, infact in all the years here, I've only ever seen 4 other Xs! I personally think the price back in Feb was on the money or correct, expecially with only 29K miles, but I thought the wheels were OTT & too bling. Good luck in your search!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234