Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Value of a second hand NSX or swap for a Porsche

1. Default

Dean,

I think the purple one is worth 23-24 to the right buyer ... if the right buyer wants a paddle shift NSX. There are some threads on here about relative performance to the manual and from what I can remember the paddles are about the same as the auto, ie a couple of seconds slower to 60.

IMO that car would have been sold a few years ago for 28-29 if it were a manual but paddles obviously do not have any where near the same kind of following. I can't say if you would like the paddles or not but I would definitely recommend driving a manual as well as paddles.

I think that the silver 02 would be a better bet out of the two. It would be noticeably faster being a 3.2 and a manual and would require less servicing. Being so much newer and having not sat around it is also the safer option IMO. I would have thought that resale of the silver would be easier and would probably not hit you so hard with depreciation.

If the silver one is not quite right and you don't like the paddles maybe wait a month and see if another 35-40k late shape one comes up, it will be worth waiting for the right car .... unless you are too desperate of course!

Cheers

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr

it will be worth waiting for the right car
    But do test drive as many as you can and do not discount any pontential cars on minor things, such as color or kerb wheels, even stonechips.

A newer car is better as Luke said, but all this is relative to the owners care.

Remember that if you buy from an enthusiast you can expect a better maintained vehicle.

Cheers,

AR

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AR
    But do test drive as many as you can and do not discount any pontential cars on minor things, such as color or kerb wheels, even stonechips.

A newer car is better as Luke said, but all this is relative to the owners care.

Remember that if you buy from an enthusiast you can expect a better maintained vehicle.

Cheers,

AR
    Here here, one such minor thing that is not generic to all cars is condensation in the tail lights, an nsxism that can be made better but you may well have to live with.

There was a new shape silver car that was owned by an old gentleman and apparently required bodywork attention on nearly every panel. Not sure if this is the one you are looking at but if so it is definitely not a good example of an enthusiast's car!

L*
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005

There was a new shape silver car that was owned by an old gentleman and apparently required bodywork attention on nearly every panel. Not sure if this is the one you are looking at but if so it is definitely not a good example of an enthusiast's car!
    No, that was a manual. I was going to see that one, someone warned me about it. It was for sale in Enfield then more recently Bodmin I think...

Well a typical 1995 F-Matic Targa (if there is such a thing) I would say would be worth around £22,500

However it depends on how much the seller is loading the car due to the low mileage and provenance of the previous owner.

But looking on the very few cars for sale at the moment and the way the market has seemed to go since the end of production it's very hard to say.

But if you are wanting a Targa and F-Matic car then as there are so few around then unfortunately you will have to pay what is asked by a seller.

When it comes to resale though, you could either see yourself stuck with the car, or may have to take a financial loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano
    WHAT IS IT WORTH ???????????????????????????
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

6. Default

Not really been covered so let's look at the silver 02 in terms of price. I think that a manual silver targa 02 would have been sold by now at that price (if it's a good one). Autos are definitely less desirable by the masses so do not hold their value as well. I'd put it at £36k if I wanted to make it sell, but I suppose holding out for more from the right buyer if I could afford to hold it as stock.

If you definitely want auto then you may have to pay for it, there are a lot less of them about so maybe this balances out with the desirability wrt residuals. So hard to place a value on it, but, from a dealer, certainly a more realistic price than the purple one.

Hope this is helpful and not just a load of babbly old waffle!

L*
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005

I'm with AR - £20K.

It's been stood round so long, I expect it to need serious brake corrosion attention by now.

Dread to think what it looks like inside the lump.

Trader's dropped a bollock on that one, I'm afraid.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Certainly looks like the trader is not really motivated to move that one.

9. Default

All siad and done if Deano hadn't looked on here then he may well have paid 30k for the purple one. Maybe the dealer is driving it around as his day to day (with the speedo disconnected :lol and not all that fussed to sell. There must be some storey behind it as even the largest of dealers do not sit on stock for that long ... especially 30ks worth! Think how many times he could have turned that around on another car in the last few years!

Definitely something fishier than fishy going on!

L*
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005

Or maybe like many of the dealers that buy an NSX he is dilusional ( sp?) about the value of it.

Was there not a green f-matic one that was for sale for ages too, or is it the same car.

Cheers,

AR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast