Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Value of a second hand NSX or swap for a Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by Martin

If targa is not an issue for you personally then I'd go for Jaytips as it is a well-known car in NSX circles....

Martin
    Thanks for that
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    If targa is not an issue for you personally then I'd go for Jaytips as it is a well-known car in NSX circles....

Just my 2p...

Cheers
    Martin
    I agree, that Jaytips is value for money.

Cheers

AR

Smile Beer and chat?

Hi Dean,

I am reasonably new to NSX ownership (~6 months - I bought Ritchie/'Sportykings' car), but I owuld be happy ot meet up for a chat and a beer sometime (I live in West Sussex but work in Croydon - I lived in Banstead a few years ago so know the area pretty well!) My knowledge is limited, but you are welcome to poke around Y1 (my car - a 2001, 3.2 manual coupe) and I would be happy to take you for a drive if you feel that would help with your decision making process).

Let me know.

Has anyone ever gone to see the Purple Targa currently advertised at £29995? This has been for sale for years. Someone mentioned 2 years but I'm sure it was for sale when I was looking 3.5 years ago! I remember the photo and I believe it was advertised before as previously owned by a celebrity.

Is it a really bad example or just well overpriced?

If it is the one Tara PT used to own I would check it well.

It might not be the same one.

Cheers,

AR

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB
    Has anyone ever gone to see the Purple Targa currently advertised at £29995? This has been for sale for years. Someone mentioned 2 years but I'm sure it was for sale when I was looking 3.5 years ago! I remember the photo and I believe it was advertised before as previously owned by a celebrity.

Is it a really bad example or just well overpriced?
    This has certainly been for sale for as long as I can remember. Havn't seen the condition but IMO it is overpriced and the paddles put people off. PRetty sure it has been the same price for at least 2 years.

Cheers

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

The one TPT drove was a manual R plate.

Quote Originally Posted by AR
    If it is the one Tara PT used to own I would check it well.

It might not be the same one.

Cheers,

AR
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

I seem to remember someone telling me that Elton John owned it?....I could be totally wrong though....

Merry Xmas and a big thank you to all that have posted and sent PM to me with regard to my original question, I will be in touch with a few and you know who you are! In the new year for advise and help.

The Purple NSX used to belong to Ian Botham and as far as I could see with my limited, no lets change that to No experience with the NSX it appeared to be in very good condition with the exception of the wheels. One or two marks but again nothing serious.

The chap selling is a very nice man and would be happy to do a deal with my Porsche with a cash adjustment in my favour. This was why I originally asked the question about the value.

I think that £29,995 is too much money for the car and I would imagine an inspection by Honda would be a good idea as often low use is worse than high use. I had this broplem with my Bentley as I used it little or often and incurred big service costs.

If the car is in top order and reqires no service work like Belts, brakes or whatever???? the golden question is

WHAT IS IT WORTH ???????????????????????????

I am going to buy one and it just depend when I find the right car, this could be it or the silver 2002 with 19,000 at £38,000.

Again thank you all for your help and replies to my original thread I wish you all a happy and prosperous 2007. And hope I can join and be part of the club...

Dean

I would not pay more than £ 20 K for that NSX, but that is me.

Good luck on whichever one you go for.

Cheers,

AR

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast