Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Locking wheel nuts - recommendations?

Excellent news, I'm excited already, is that a bit sad

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne?
    So, if we all cross our fingers and the god's are feeling kind we may have some funky new Mugen wheel nuts (which look an awful lot litke the OEM wheel nuts!!) early in the New Year.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

2. Default

Do you get OEM locking wheel nuts to match the black ones? .. Or is this the reason people are getting the Mugen ones? I can't believe everyone is running around with no locking nuts!?

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr
    I can't believe everyone is running around with no locking nuts!?

L*
    Might just be me...but certainly everyone who's looked at my car has clocked the non-locking nuts along with a "you've got to be crazy" kind of comment...
    '93 Sebring Silver : sadly now sold
    '93 Range Rover LSE : now LPG so 11mpg not so bad. If I replace any more parts it'll be a new car.
    '07 Landie Defender 110 SW XS: heated seats!!! they'll be asking us to wash it next....
    '96 MX5 : project car
    '09 Honda XL125V : new hobby

My car came with no locking nuts, I purchased a set of mcguard ones but have never been happy with the look.

Do you get OEM locking wheel nuts to match the black ones? .. Or is this the reason people are getting the Mugen ones? I can't believe everyone is running around with no locking nuts!?

L*

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

See what I mean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3044.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	1671  

L*

My car came with OEM Honda locking nuts which dont look very pretty, but the big issue I had was one of them being over torqued and removal only being possible by way of a large drill (and a new wheel stud). Whilst it is not the fault of the design that the locking nut was over-torqued, I do believe the relatively shallow holes that the 'key spanner' slots into makes the design prone to removal problems.

Tyre monkeys will not be going near my Mugen nuts without very careful supervision from yours truely!

Quote Originally Posted by simonprelude
    See what I mean
    Oooooooo, yes!

Nasty!

8. Default

OMG can't believe I have never noticed that!!!

I suppose the wheels (16/17 combo) are not really suited to many other cars so would be hard for a thief to get rid of.. there aren't many pikey NSX owners apart from...

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

If anyones got a pair of front OEM 16's for sale............

OMG can't believe I have never noticed that!!!

I suppose the wheels (16/17 combo) are not really suited to many other cars so would be hard for a thief to get rid of.. there aren't many pikey NSX owners apart from...

L*

I got the OEM locking and regular chrome ones and they make a good combination. As to the tyre monkeys...well what can one say.

Cheers,

AR

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast