Thread: N656bno Lives!. But Still In Intensive Care At Mo.

Default N656bno Lives!. But Still In Intensive Care At Mo.

Hi.
    Were You The Last Owner Of My Silver Nsx N656bno ?
    Im Keith,
    Ive Just Bought The Car From A Salvage Dealer. I Heard You Spun Off The Road In The Wet & Hit A Lamp Post At 25mph. When I Got The Car The Front Bumper & Drivers H/light Pod Had Been Removed. Did You Take These Off ?
    Also I Was Wondering If You Still Have Any Handbooks Etc Or The Instalation Certificate For The Cobra Alarm ?
    I Dont Know How The Dealer Knew But He Said The Car Was Bought From Osbornes Of Colchester For £22k. I Dont Know If Thats True.
    Im In The Process Of Finding Parts For The Car & Hope To Have It On The Road For The Summer.
    If You Still Have The Fr'bumper Can You Let Me Know.
    Best Wishes
    Keith
    Last edited by brettwood; 11-12-2006 at 08:03 PM.
    keith

Smile

Hi Keith,

No it was not me who crashed it was the chap i sold it to. I saw the ad on ebay and spoke to the seller and was going to bid for sentimental reasons but you got there first which is just as well as it would have sad in my garage forever.

I wish you well in your endeavours and have sent you a pm.

You are welcome to contact me if you wish.

By the way the car has a name, she is called BEANO, in the 9 years we looked after her she never let us down once

Keith

AR has been in this position before unfortunately with someone trying to profit from his loss.
    We have seen a fair few people on here trying to do it recently.

**MOD EDIT - the above is in response to the since moved discussion between AR & Keith - now here http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2035 **

I thought the ebay ad showed parts of a damaged bumper so that might have been removed before the sale as was that bad.

Have you tried Dirk for parts at all ?? http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/member.php?u=209 he is in mainland Europe but you will probably find that you will save moeny including the travel there and back, someone also said a breakers had 5 NSX's in at some stage or another.

Anyway good luck with your project.
    Last edited by ctrlaltdelboy; 14-12-2006 at 06:43 PM.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Looking through some posts the breakers are

Japparts in Stockton-on-Tees

http://www.japparts.com/

They don't list any on their website but might be worth a call.

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

5. 12-12-2006, 04:10 PM

Keith,

Good luck with your project. FYI, I spoke to Japparts only a month ago and they are breaking 5 early NSX so hopefully you will be in luck for some of the parts.

Having seen BNO it would be good to have it back on the road.

regards

Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Had a long talk with Keith tonight.

He is an enthusiast, he bought the car after looking for a long time, and he is going to give the restoration his best shot,

As far as i know this will be the first restoration on the forum and Keith has said he will keep us posted as to his progress

No doubt he will have setbacks but we can all contribute our knowledge as and if required to help out, and if he posts plenty of pictures we could use them for future reference.

Once again welcome to the forum and good luck with the project.

8. 12-12-2006, 11:44 PM

Second the sentiment - if you want any help (pictures of how things should look etc) just ask. If you haven't I'd suggest downloading the manual too from Prime (www.nsxprime.com), it is a good source and poulated by many more enthusiasts than our site (for obvious reasons!).

Good luck, Matt.
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

10. Default best of luck

I have been in the process of having a 96 one repaired. Virtually finished apart from drivers headlight which goes up but won't come down. I have found it a long and expensive process but ultimately worth it. Will post some pics. Dirk is a good source for parts and if you are prepared to wait some odd bits turn up on ebay. I have a contact for somebody in London who breaks them as well. Again you have to pay top dollar for the parts.

I was fortunate in that I wrote to the last owner on the log book and he was kind enough to send me all the paperwork including old receipts, spare keys, service book etc.

I managed to get the airbags off one of the members here who was stripping his car down to race it. You will probably be able to get a drivers airbag but a passenger one is like golddust.

Anyway good luck and if you need any help let me know

Gurinder

ps I believe the orange NSX is in Leicester being repaired.

Default Front Bumper

Hi Keith,

Hope all is going well. I just saw this and wondered if it might be of use for Project Beano?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80603

regards

Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Thought you were going to point towards this one......

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80563

13. 20-12-2006, 11:07 AM

14. 20-12-2006, 11:08 AM