Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ... the other OLU ...

Shoreham by Sea, Liege, Moscow! and other interesting places!

I just ordered a rear valance at the weekend from Dirk so will be going down the same route! The older valance doesnt look as good with round tips, Will probably do the fit myself. The Red interior looks good, was going to retrim mine in red before i bought the tan interior i have now.

Leigh

Hi Paul,

Car looks great and the OEM look suits the car well. I've often seen you about the Slough area but I've not been in my Magnum Grey NSX to acknowledge you.

Rear valance is on my 'to do' list and is now a 'must do' having seen yours!

Hope to see the 2 Magnum's 2gether one day.

regards

Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Hi Paul,

Can I ask how you re-mounted the front number plate? Looks really good.

I have the JDM narrower version which IMO looks even worse that the UK/Euro one and have been looking for better solution.

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

Here is what I did:

I got the Halfords brackets, enlarged the hole to fit the NSX number plate bracket hole, bent it to the right angle. Peel off sticky tape included and attached a shortened number plate.

I think they are £ 2.00. The are wedge shape and yellowish alloy.

Cheers,

AR

Any pics AR, sounds interesting....??
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Thanks Ary,

In the pics of your car the plate look a little higher and further forward. I guess I could play with the Halfords brackets to move it down and back bit?

So did you completely remove the original plastic Honda bracket? OR do the Halfords one bolt to it rather than the car itself?

It'll probably be obvious when I actually find and see the Halfords brackets but thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers

Mark

7. Default

I totally removed the 'plinth' off the front - always amazed me they stuck a 'shoe box' on the beautifully sculpted nose!

I made my own brackets from some sheet aluminium I had - 2 of them - each effectively an inch wide strip bent down at either end .... took some time to get the lengths and bends right as I didn't just want it lower - I wanted it set back and angled slightly to match the nose.

The bottom of the plate sits snug up against the horizontal "mid-section" (with adhesive padding behind the plate of course) for extra support.

I also made it so it aligned to the existing bolt holes the plinth used - so I used the OEM bolts to secure it. Took me a few attempts to get it right mind!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plate.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	1619  
    Paul
    1997 3.2 NSX-T : Ext. Magnum Grey : Int. Red / Black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12