Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil advice and recommendations here!

The debate about additives leads me to ask .... Is there an additive to reduce/stop the deteriation of unleaded fuel for a vehicle not in use for long periods? I'm sure I read there was/is such a product but dont know if its any good or works. Would be looking to put some in the VFR which will be stored for the next few months.

Cheers
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha
    The debate about additives leads me to ask .... Is there an additive to reduce/stop the deteriation of unleaded fuel for a vehicle not in use for long periods? I'm sure I read there was/is such a product but dont know if its any good or works. Would be looking to put some in the VFR which will be stored for the next few months.

Cheers
    Yes there is. I don't advertise on this site because I wanted to separate work from play, but at the same time I'm happy to supply the odd product if it's in demand.

I'm a distributor for Wynn's Porfessional and we supply large quantities of a product called 'Fuel Stabilizer' for many different applications including; motorcycles, marine, classic cars (NSX?), stationary engines etc....

Anyway here's the link; if you want a bottle, PM me and I'll send you one

http://mrwynns.com/diesel_fuel.htm

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

I just had my car serviced at a Honda main dealer - NSX approved - and I was charged £50 + VAT for a change of engine oil (labour, filter etc was extra). This seemed a bit expensive to me and was much higher than the car's previous owner had paid at another Honda dealer. Is this what I should have expected to pay?
    Last edited by kevinpsw; 09-11-2006 at 03:08 PM.

4. Default

If a good quality oil was used (eg Castrol Magnatec(x?)) then I think this was about right. You can always get about 10% off the price of your service if you ask for it - I got mine for £170 at NortonWay.

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpsw
    I just had my car serviced at a Honda main dealer - NSX approved - and I was charged £50 + VAT for a change of engine oil (labour, filter etc was extra). This seemed a bit expensive to me and was much higher than the car's previous owner had paid at another Honda dealer. Is this what I should have expected to pay?
    I had the same price for a change of oil to fully synthetic. This was at Chiswick Honda. To be fair they asked me first if I wanted fully synthetic or a blend.
    Steve.

Back to the additives discussion.I have used Molyslip as a wear/friction reducer in all my high performance cars ( Lancia Volumex, two Isuzu Piazza Lotus Turbo's).I still have one of the Isuzu's that has 108,000 on the clock,has never suffered any mechanical failure and is used daily and runs "as new".I have no scientific proof that the Molyslip is responsible for maintaining the engine in such great condition but for £7 at each oil change I consider it worthwhile.Of course the difficult decision is whether to extend treatment to the NSX.I know many owners have recorded huge mileages presumably without the need for any additives so the claims (never tested by myself thank goodness) of protection in the advent of catastrophic oil or coolent loss would be my ptime motive for use.Still undecided!!!

7. Default

Just to let you know this thread, is still live should anyone have any questions.

Cheers

Guy.
    NSX members get at least 10% discount at Opie Oils
    oilman's website: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 215164 opt 2

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpsw View Post
    I just had my car serviced at a Honda main dealer
    Mine is in at the moment - but I supplied the oil - or rather Oilman did!

Placed the order lunchtime, arrived next day. Good price, great service. I'll be ordering again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12