Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NSX Dealers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveycaz
    ...however, when I called a local Honda dealer to see if they would do a service and brake pad change, they said that the NSX does not fit on their standard sized ramps!?! whether this is true or not I don't know but I was keen to take my car anywhere but there after they said that.
    I was told exactly the same thing by my local honda dealer.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou
    The work was done by the dealer in Taunton. Not an NSX dealer, but good technicians and lower hourly rate than the more expensive parts of the UK where most of you guys live!!
    They did me a bit of a favour on the cambelt service but their normal price was still only £400.00 (cambelt only).
    I ordered the water pump from Dali and it cost £125.00 and took four days to arrive.
    as many of you know, whilst the cambelt is being done, getting the water pump done at the same time is a logical thing to do as it involves most of the same labour. (I think there's about 30-45 minutes difference).
    The work is easily done in one day.

I really don't think it matters whether it's an NSX dealer, it's the quality of the work and value that's important.
    Thanks James. My local Honda dealer doesn't fill me with confidence. I also don't especially like their attitude. (E.g. if I drive there in my CRX - try to get any sort of service as they ignore you thinking you are pauper scum .... then I drive there in the NSX and they clamber to serve - I hate that - should treat ALL customers with equal respect and manners) .... plus one service there they printed on the receipt "Spare tyre flat" - really know their NSXs then - lol

There are other more local places I do have more confidence in BUT I was under the impression that in changing the cambelt, most of the rear suspension comes off - I want to be sure that they have enough NSX experience to set it back up as it should be since handling is the no. 1 point of these cars IMO.

I have bought a few Honda parts from Bernard in Singapore - very swift delivery and all OEM parts (complete with part numbers and Honda packaging) but much cheaper ..... I will check the parts cost from him. I agree that water pump should be done at the same time - I have a cambelt and waterpump currently sitting on my pool table ready to be fitted to my CRX.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraViolet

There are other more local places I do have more confidence in BUT I was under the impression that in changing the cambelt, most of the rear suspension comes off - I want to be sure that they have enough NSX experience to set it back up as it should be since handling is the no. 1 point of these cars IMO.
    I may be mistaken,but i don't think the rear suspension is touched at all. When i went into the service bay in Two Mills,to talk to the service manager about my "wrong" waterpump the only big thing that i could see that was removed was the plastic cover on the end of the engine.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

4. Default

We are trying to arrange an NSX stiggy day but planning permission is an issue. We only have consent for one or two cars at a time, not an "event"

In the meantime, NSX owners are welcome to come down with their own car and do the "stiggy challenge"

One and a half hours tuition, 6 timed laps, the best one counts, and half an hour debrief. This is the same format as the old "Star in the reasonably priced car"

1:31.6 for the Stig in a Type R to beat...

Usually £199 inc VAT; special offer for forum members of £179

Quote Originally Posted by graham h
    We are trying to arrange an NSX stiggy day .....
    Graham, why not start a new post for the Stiggy Day as some might not see this in this thread.

regards

Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by graham h
    We are trying to arrange an NSX stiggy day
    yes perleeese :razz: !
    Steve.

7. Default

i don't want to be blatently advertising - some people don't like it...

Thumbs up

Graham, I would also be interested (hopefully after you have had my NSX in to do the clutch and other work! - I will be in touch next week. Would Thursday morning suit to bring it in for you to look at?)

regards

Robin

9. Default

yes, no problem. I have prepared an estimate for you - lets speak next week.

Hi Ultraviolet, I will be getting my cambelt sorted by 2-Mills early next year and would be intereste dto know how much they have quoted you - I seem to recall they mantioned around £600.
    Does anyone know why the water pump should be replaced at same time - is it a vulnerable item? My car has covered 27k miles so i'm not sure if it needs doing or what?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast