Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 30th September 2006 Rolling Road Day

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AR
    Does it seems that the 3.0s make more power in the higher range rev than the 3.2s.

Cheers

AR
    results generally suggested this but Simon's figures seem a little "odd"!?

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Hi Simon,

Cheers for organising a really good day. I'm slightly disappointed my NSX only put out 262bhp but hey not to be sniffed at. I'd still like to know why Pauls is producing 289bhp, that is a really good figure! (Obviously the 200cc over mine has a little to do with it)

Anyway I have attached the prinout for my NSX. (PS, its on its side for best resolution as the forum doesn't like the same res in portrait!)

Thanks again
    Nathan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dyno reading 30-09-2006 small.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	1513  
    '92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

Nathan, its a shame you haven't any reference figures pre your upgrades, I'd guess you may be more pleased with the numbers.

Simon's numbers do seem at odd's with the other non modified 3.2's but this could be down to different tester running in a different gear, weather condition on the day, a REALLY good engine to start with.

I was pleased with mine and most of the gains would be the exhaust. Importantly though, I think I have now 'balanced' the system as the car is much smoother and quicker with the scoop/filter install. My thinking is that more in = more out so this IMO shows that there are no quick fixes; exhaust alone will not release true potential without the inlet side being addressed (I'll probably get shot by someone far more technical than me for saying that)

I also think a special mention is required for the remarkable little ITR. Its clearly been used as Mr Honda intended, plus its been modded, demodded and whatever else in its 110,000 mile 8yr life and yet pushed out virtually factory new bhp figures demonstrating what a great car the DC2 is and the merits of regular servicing.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Any chance that Minch's could have been an Automatic transmission engine?

5. Default

When going out in Minch's car I noticed the chrome inserts next to the window, I know Paul's also has these but thought they were only on JDM cars. are they on all 3.0s>?

Comparing Minch's figs to Pauls and takiong into account the mods I would say that they look about right, is it just the power output that makes you think it might be an auot engine?

L*
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005

Would running in a different gear make any difference to the power measured? I would think it wouldn't, at least it shouldn't otherwise this whole exercise would be invalid. Power is torque X speed, so although the wheel torque would be higher in a lower gear, the speed would be lower.

I have a chrome trim running across the top of the door, inside along the window if that is what is being referred to.

Minch's car ovbviously has been babied during its life. It needs to be taken to a track and given a damn good thrashing, at least 6 times a year. Then it will produce the power that the other high power cars have, that have been thrashed (mine, Simon's and Paul's). So stop worrying about what damage a track day does to a car, it obviously does it good!
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Cool

Hey Kevin I'm not opposed to getting it on the track. I have my crash helmet waiting. Just give me the nod!
    '92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

8. Default

Whats with the M3 making 60-70hp less then factory figures and even more shockingly the RS4 dropping some 100 ponies? :o

Nice selection of NSX's though, some sounding even nicer then they look.

Indeed, as the magazines show, mine was thrashed from day 1 !!

My dyno run was done on 95 Ron fuel, would that make a difference as to where peak power is achieved ??

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Minch's car ovbviously has been babied during its life. It needs to be taken to a track and given a damn good thrashing, at least 6 times a year. Then it will produce the power that the other high power cars have, that have been thrashed (mine, Simon's and Paul's). So stop worrying about what damage a track day does to a car, it obviously does it good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSX_RR.JPG 
Views:	422 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	1516  

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EdLeake
    Whats with the M3 making 60-70hp less then factory figures and even more shockingly the RS4 dropping some 100 ponies?
    Was just teasing my bro about that very fact but he assures me that the tester said it was because the front wheels were not spinning and that new cars such as the RS4 and M3 are hard to test because theya re too clever!

He says that if the M3 was only 280 then it wouldn't be as fast as it is - I don't know the figs but surely it is much heavier than the NSX so if it were putting out the same power it would be slower?

Assuming a good thrashing is the key to more bhp then I'm off for a good cane Think I'd rather spend money on track days increasing my power than on air filters taking away my power:lol:
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast