Thread: Donington Historic Festival 4th and 5th May

1. Cool Donington Historic Festival 4th and 5th May

Once again this event will bring together some of the most iconic cars from the past to race the famous Donington Circuit and for car clubs to show off and for some, enjoy the opportunity for a parade lap.

If you are interested in attending I will apply on behalf of the NSXCB - there is usually a 50% discount for entry vs the normal public entry. No Pli is required so this is open to all NSX Owners. Entries for clubs will open in January.

Post below if you want to attend.
    Mike

2. Default

Club Entries are now open - is anyone interested in attending this event?
    Mike

Hi Mike,

Given the tragic events at Imola in 1994 and the amazing drive at Donnington in 93, how do you and others feel about using this event to gather as many NSX as possible as a sign of respect to the great man and remember him and Roland 30 years after the tragic weekend that took them both from us …

I’m very keen to join on the Saturday so please pop me on your list

Many thanks, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Hi Mike,

Given the tragic events at Imola in 1994 and the amazing drive at Donnington in 93, how do you and others feel about using this event to gather as many NSX as possible as a sign of respect to the great man and remember him and Roland 30 years after the tragic weekend that took them both from us …

I’m very keen to join on the Saturday so please pop me on your list

Many thanks, Paul
    We had a small group of cars for the classic last year to mark the 30th anniversary of the 93 race. Donnington were very hospitable offering free entry, a designated space within the pits, use of a box close to the start line equipped with drinks and biscuits, breakfast and dinner each day and a few parade laps. PLI may be required for a display in the pits but I would imagine if approached that they would be keen to do something again to mark the event although you may struggle with numbers. There are 15 cars from the UK going to Imola with NSXCE and the majority of people who regularly attend events in the UK are going to be in that group.

This is clearly the best event at which to pay respect in the UK and hope that you can get a good group together for a suitable tribute but I think we need to look for a different event to recreate that big gathering of NSX's again.

Olly

5. Default

Hi all, I have applied to the organisers and await a code for the event. I dont expect them to give us a "free" pass this year but the normal deal for club cars is a 50% discount over the normal entry price. For those that enjoy a bit of racing there is a full agenda of qualifying and racing. I have approached the Owners club to share the code, but as Olly mentioned many of them are off to Imola, and the reply indicates a lack of interest. This is of course a local tribute to Senna and therefore slightly less expensive than a trip to Imola :-D
    Mike

6. Default

I now have a code to book for the event send me a DM if you wish to attend
    Mike

Thanks Mike,

As above, I’m keen on the Saturday … would be interested to know who else …

Saturday meeting

1. Sorepaws
    2. Senninha

And for the avoidance of doubt, the code that we request from you is per car (2 occupants) for the NSX display, not just individual entry.

Thanks, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara