Thread: Silverstone Festival 23-26 August

1. Default Silverstone Festival 23-26 August

https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events...tival/whats-on

£140 for a 3 day pass for 2 people and car entry - Ends January

Once again there are deals on Early Ticket purchase - But only if you are a member of a club with PLI - examples - The NSX Owners Club or The Honda S2000 Club https://s2kuk.com/

Hope to see of you there, feel free to message me.
    Mike

2. Default

Urgent act Now !
    For anyone wanting to attend I have an opportunity to get "club" access to this event - let me know asap if you want to take advantage of the early bird prices
    Mike

3. Default

Who else is planning on attending?

1. Sorepaws - possibly all 3 days
    Mike

[QUOTE=sorepaws;132897]Who else is planning on attending?

2. Mutley - all 3 days
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

2. Mutley - all 3 days
    3. Britlude - all 3 days
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

6. Default

2. Mutley - all 3 days
    3. Britlude - all 3 days

Some NSXCB members are attending the Silverstone Festival 23-25 August 2024 and since the recent announcement of the Senna tribute the NSX Club is also attending. Neil Shaw Chair of NSX Club and I have spoken about how to get the most out of the event for both NSXCB attendees and NSX Club attendees. We hope that the S2UK and NSX Club stands will be adjacent to each other, but the organisers are unable to conform this until nearer the time.

NSX Club has worked with the organisers to include explicit recognition of the well known link between the NSX and Ayrton Senna as part of the Senna celebrations of Ayrton Senna's legacy. As a result we are very pleased that Silverstone Festival have agreed with Senna Brands to recognise the link by proposing a parade lap and using the headline Be part of something special with us this summer as we celebrate Ayrton Senna's legacy.

The parade is open to all NSX attending Silverstone Festival on Friday 23 August 2024 (time to be confirmed but expected to be around lunchtime).
    Last edited by sorepaws; 29-02-2024 at 01:01 PM.
    Mike

7. Default Special Guest at Silverstone Festival

Attending
    2. Mutley - all 3 days
    3. Britlude - all 3 days

Special Guests at Silverstone Festival.
    John Thompson, formerly of TC Prototypes famously worked on the 1994/95 Le Mans NSX including the 95 GT2 winning car.
    John will be at Silverstone Festival on either 23rd or 24th August 2024. He will be joined by his son Mark who worked in the race team in 1995.
    Mark has kindly provided this photo of his father with car 47 from Le Mans:
    John and Mark will both be happy to talk to fellow NSX owners about the development of the Le Mans NSX and their time working with Honda. We were lucky enough to see John and Mark a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed their stories and seeing some of their personal photos from those exciting days. This is something not to be missed.
    John had a fascinating career in motor racing having started with Bruce McLaren in the 60s. He went on to build the first monocoque chassis for Ferrari in the 1970s, the B200 Ford Rally Car in the 80s and the Jaguar Le Mans cars in the 90s.
    Both John and Mark are proud owners of NSX cars.
    Confirmation nearer the time what time and day John and Mark will be at the NSX Club stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	429671577_10210929253543426_1003099472911724695_n.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	14905  
    Mike

I'm hoping to be there for all 3 days but need to find a willing volunteer to drive my campervan if I'm in the NSX! (currently working on that!)

Phil.
    (duckduckNSX on Insta)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience. —Dilbert.

Attending
    2. Mutley - all 3 days
    3. Britlude - all 3 days
    4. Mr Spanners - all 3 days

woohoo, 4 of us lol
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....