Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSX or NSX-T ?

1. Default NSX or NSX-T ?

Finally about to buy a NSX after years of dreaming. But not sure whether to get a targa or not. I know the coupe is more rigid, but is it noticable? Any other factors I should consider? thanks

2. Default

I had a T to start with and now have a Coupe. T is less rigid than a coupe but still handled well. T top gives a bit more wind noise at speed but has the advantage of being removable on sunny days.

Drive examples of both and see which one you prefer.
    Ferrari 550 Maranello in Rosso Corsa
    Kawasaki ZZR 1200
    KTM 400 EXC

what sort of money are you looking to spend?.if you are going to go for a targa get the 3.2 if your budget allows because the performance will be slightly blunted on the 3.0 because of the extra weight. if performance is important to you then avoid the 3.0 auto targa becauce there is a big drop in performance over the 3.0 manual coupe,but as Welshman says drive a few and you will get an idea.

Ivor

4. Default

I'm looking for a 3.0 manual, up to £30k

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BabyNSX
    I'm looking for a 3.0 manual, up to £30k
    You should be able to get a tidy car for that sort of money - maybe P or even R reg with 40k - 50k on the clock.
    Kawasaki ZZR 1200
    KTM 400 EXC

Hi,

I'd follow Welshman's advice and drive both.

There's a few purists for whom nothing but a coupe will do (as that's how it was originally conceived), but as the former owner of a non-PAS 3.0 coupe and now owner of a 3.0 T, I think that the differences - on the road - are minimal.

In my case, the obvious difference was the switch from non-PAS to PAS - didn't like it at first, getting used to it now...(oh and some very dodgy tyres, which made the T seem much worse than it is - now fixed)

The coupe is a better car - I'll agree with everyone on that - but for normal road driving , the T is adequate for me - but you need to drive both to see if it's adequate for you. If you want a track car, though, go for a coupe.

Hope this helps,
    Cheers
    Joe

7. Default

OK narrowed it down to a coupe - what about this choice then - high mileage '99 3.2 or low mileage '96 3.0 ??

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BabyNSX
    OK narrowed it down to a coupe - what about this choice then - high mileage '99 3.2 or low mileage '96 3.0 ??
    What do you mean by high and low - how many miles to the nearest thousand? How much mileage do you expect to be doing annually?
    Kawasaki ZZR 1200
    KTM 400 EXC

9. Default

96 with c55k and a 99 with c75k - both similar money at around the 25k mark
    i'll 7k miles a year max in it

10. Default

Assuming the 75k car has a full Honda service history including cambelt change I'd go for that one - I'd always have a preference for the newer car.
    Kawasaki ZZR 1200
    KTM 400 EXC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast