I hope you are sitting comfortably……

Following on from the ball joint drill and tap for a grease nipple debarkle, the order was place with amayama and tigawa for parts, and once they had arrived, AND I got a free time slot to do stuff, a plan was formed, the car put on axle stands, and then stop for tea….

IMG_20231005_174448 by JON SUTH, on Flickr

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I had to buy a commuter car as work moved, so the NSX doesn’t have to be back together for Monday’s commute, which makes a pleasant change….

Invest in a decent ball joint splitter

£50 off ebay…..
s-l1600 by JON SUTH, on Flickr

IMG_20231006_104741 by JON SUTH, on Flickr

The replacement parts….
IMG_20231006_105829 by JON SUTH, on Flickr

The top ball joint rubbers were getting crusty (I’d already sourced the OEM parts to replace all the rubbers, but the top ball joint was shot so they are now surplus) so I decided as it would be apart, to replace all the ball joint bits…. 178k miles, so due anyway!

While the suspension was off, might as well pull the driveshafts, one rubber boot clamp had loosened somehow, so it was sliding on the shaft, and possible grease leakage, so needed looking at anyway…
IMG_20231006_131724 by JON SUTH, on Flickr

Top ball joint…..

Hmmmm…. Floppy

Took the ball joints out of the upright (brute force and ignorance) and gave one a clean…. It sorta cleaned up, but could be better….
IMG_20231006_171500 by JON SUTH, on Flickr

And the wheel bearing assembly….. I’ve replaced these before, (I have new rockauto bearings to put in (wholesale closeout at $21 each!!!)) but this one has always niggled me….
IMG_20231006_171751 by JON SUTH, on Flickr

Do you see the issue?? it’s shocking…… no? let me zoom in on the area of shame….

IMG_20231006_171808 by JON SUTH, on Flickr

Told you it was shocking!!!!