Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NSX NA1 Rebuild from Guernsey

Quote Originally Posted by paulc View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road. The clutch barely had a 1 mm left on it, I think that the clutch was the original one, not bad for a 32 year old car, so be interesting to see/feel the difference. The suspension components needed a good clean so was done while off the car. There was some movement on the lower rear ball joints, so they were removed and replacements ordered.

Disappointed that the stainless exhaust system had to be replaced, this was fitted about 10 years ago and in theory should of outlasted the car.
    I did wonder whether you had it cleaned up. I had my last one dry iced, but this one could do with suspension off to achieve the best results.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Hi all need some help. The work on the car has gone fine and looks stunning. However the garage is really struggling to get the OSGiken clutch to operate properly. In a nutshell the slave/master system is working as it should and the clutch seems to be working as it should, but when you put the 2 together the clutch engagement is on the floor! The system has been bled on many occasions, has anybody got any ideas.

You have the OSG push/pull alteration kit needed to operate the OSG clutch right?

Quote Originally Posted by bbvnsx View Post
    You have the OSG push/pull alteration kit needed to operate the OSG clutch right?
    Hi, yes that was fitted

The NSX has a clutch damper, some afternarket clutches need you to delete it to Work properly (I deleted mine when installed the OSG clutch). This damper is not present on the NSX-R as it is more a confort related part.

you can see here in my car:
    https://www.nsxprime.com/threads/bbv...8#post-2004982

Quote Originally Posted by bbvnsx View Post
    The NSX has a clutch damper, some afternarket clutches need you to delete it to Work properly (I deleted mine when installed the OSG clutch). This damper is not present on the NSX-R as it is more a confort related part.

you can see here in my car:
    https://www.nsxprime.com/threads/bbv...8#post-2004982
    Many thanks I will pass that information onto the garage, appreciated. Your car looks stunning.

Another picture this time of the underneath, the new exhaust is a work of art, hopefully get to hear it next week. The garage is now sure they have the answers they need to sort the clutch out. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exhaust.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	14868

Looks good! Probably will Sound even better
    Let us know when you know what was the problem with the clutch, as it can help other owners in the future!

Thanks
    Bruno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12