Thread: Ultra rare special order interior.

Default Ultra rare special order interior.

Those who have been holding out for a car with the rare special order pink(?) gear knob and interior may find their wait over.
    https://www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/...p=96&pn=1&g=1#

I hope that the successful buyer comes on to NSXCB in due course, if it stays in the UK. Some of the interior looks to my eyes to be from a later car than a 1991 - especially the door cards. There are a some “JDM” touches too - the rear bumper cover number plate area and the half-height radio mast switch.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    I hope that the successful buyer comes on to NSXCB in due course, if it stays in the UK. Some of the interior looks to my eyes to be from a later car than a 1991 - especially the door cards. There are a some “JDM” touches too - the rear bumper cover number plate area and the half-height radio mast switch.
    Most likely a leatherseats.com conversion after the fact. To my knowledge Honda never did this. The fit looks good though. I think I might have put the front splitter on before I took the photos. I also would have gone back to OE with the lights and the badge.
    It will be interesting to see what it sells for.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

I detest lazy sales process as much as I do red OEM calipers …
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I detest lazy sales process as much as I do red OEM calipers …
    Agree. What is the point of going to the trouble of writing an advert if it’s largely inaccurate? I’m with you with regard to calipers. OE should really be black OE finish or the later gold.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Yeah, I painted mine gold and then realised that was just the bubbles that had those...can be repainted if too anachronistic.

That interior's a bit late-S2000. OK if you like cranberry pink, though. The full pink is a bit much on either car for me.

Black...black...blaaackk! Paint it black.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

I was being polite in my first comment - without the custom order door sill plates it is clear that this isn’t a factory special, just a standard early car that has been cosmetically “enhanced” over the years. Estimate is a bit optimistic for an early automatic car, even allowing for the low mileage.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl