Thread: NSX exhaust to replace OEM, no louder but half the weight ?

1. Default NSX exhaust to replace OEM, no louder but half the weight ?

Hi as the title says is there an NSX exhaust to replace OEM, no louder but half the weight (OEM is ~20kg, so 10kg would be good). Im not interested in the exhuast sound being different to OEM as all the exhausts Ive heard are too loud and do not sound good. So is there a replacement that is not louder (or as close to not being louder) but saves some weight and is maybe a bit more free flowing (though I don't know if that is actually an issue on the OEM exhaust or if the OEM cats would be the thing to replace for that)

Many thanks! I cant find one!
    Chris

Hello!

if you want a lighter, not too loud and very good quality, maybe fujitsubo is the best I can See meeting your expectations. It is not cheap and will be a bit louder! But will retain OEM like sound. Headers will also save weight and don’t increase noise level too much… Cats will save weight too but noise will increase even with something great quality like SARD.

Regards,
    Bruno

I’ve just sold an aftermarket exhaust. It was very well judged with regard to sound and was quite light. I removed it when I converted the car to standard in order to sell. But life got in the way. So I will wait until next spring now. Anyway, I decided I actually like the standard set-up better. It means you get a totally undistracted (is that even a word?) sound of the intake and the rev matching just felt sharper.
    Sorry, I know you were after recommendations. In which case I’d say tubi. If you can still get them and don’t mind the 2500rpm drone. I don’t like taitec. They look cheap and sound unrefined. Fujistubo sounds like a good bet. But apparently cheaper from JP. Although torque GT sell them.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

4. Default

thanks both. I will look at fujitsubo, I thought that would be loud.
    "It means you get a totally undistracted (is that even a word?) sound of the intake and the rev matching just felt sharper." _Exactly! as soon as i picked it up I was heel n toeing and missing by miles! as the sound was totally off compared to what I was used to, and you cant hear the intake at all. Definitely dont want any drone at 2500 rpm! lol
    I dont actually mind if it's loud above 5k and on full throttle, I would actually want this when I'm on it. But when I'm driving down the high street I dont want that sound at 2-3k bass on 10% throttle. I have KSP manifold, so was considering the KSP V3 too. I nearly got the fujitsubo manifold.
    Last edited by madras; 06-10-2022 at 10:41 AM.

5. Default

looks like they only do the titanium version on fujitsubo, I thought there might be a regular one. Bit much I think. Considering KSP or T3TEC but also thinking they may not be what I want and will be too loud and boomy low down the rev range

I Have KSP exhaust, with KSP headers and SARD cats!

KSP is not very loud, specially on low RPM’s, and no drone, but it is louder no doubt!

sent you a PM