Thread: Dashcams / Nextbase

Default Dashcams / Nextbase

I've just picked up a Nextbase 522 dashcam. It's got some great features such as a parking mode whereby any movement of the vehicle/camera (if shunted when the car is left powered down) will start it recording. There are also a range of rear camera options.

I can't stand the thought of it being hit in a car park and the perpetrator doing a runner!

I'm wondering if many of you have dashcams and if so, did you hard wire the camera(s)?
    2001 NSX-T Manual in Imola Orange Pearl
    1994 Honda VFR400R NC30 in Castrol Colours

Blog Entries

My current setup; http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?272...-Viofo-A119-V3

I installed the 1st one in 2015 and hard wired it using the spare connector located at the passenger fuse panel.

There are 4 x 1pin 250 size connector available on the panel.
    They consist of Lighting SW, IG2, BATT and ACC so you can select which port to be used depending on your requirement.

Also, there are fuse blade type adaptor available as an aftermarket parts so you can create breakout loom fairly easily depending on your purpose.

Ultimately, I want to remove the ceiling and install 2 x USB-A socket behind the ceiling light so that I can run short adaptor loom for whatever the USB spec the dashcam has.

At the same time, I wanted to change the ceiling panel to the black cloth spec.

Still not that state yet so just installed aftermarket power supply with the USB-B Mini cable from the above fuse panel along the edge of the ceiling towards the rearview mirror.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 28-03-2022 at 02:17 PM. Reason: extra info

Hi Kaz,

That's a great observation about the windscreen/mount adhesive patch in your linked thread. I'll use your tip to avoid bubbles.

I shall give hardwiring a go too. I don't fancy running a remote rear camera to mount on the glass cockpit/engine bay glass as having a Targa will mean such longer routing. For now I'll settle with a rear view module which attaches direct to the dash cam. Only a 30 deg field of view but directed back from the rear view mirror I am hoping that will encompass all of the rear, plus it'll be easier to transfer between the NSX and the daily.
    Last edited by FlyNavy; 29-03-2022 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Typo