Thread: Driver Side - Windscreen Wiper Arm

Default Driver Side - Windscreen Wiper Arm

Having just renewed my wiper blades, I realised the drivers side hasn't got the aero blade on it, (highlighted in the attached image). Does anyone have a spare/old arm they wish to part with, in exchange for some beer tokens ? Doesn't matter about condition, as I'll paint it, if necessary. I didn't think it would be an issue, not having the blade but yesterdays rain showed up an annoying judder at the end of the upward stroke on the drivers side, so I suspect the blade will help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIPER ARM.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	14567
    Wix

2. Default

IIRC the blade is on the wiper assembly, rather than the arm itself.

Bosh sell a wiper blade called the SP22S, which is a conventional 550mm blade with an aero spoiler already installed. I have one installed on the driver's side of my NSX and it deals with rain at speed just fine.

For some reason the passenger side is less susceptible to aero effects, and so either standard or aero blades are OK, but the spoiler does seem to be an essential requirement for the driver's side.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCarsGoFaster View Post
    IIRC the blade is on the wiper assembly, rather than the arm itself.

Bosh sell a wiper blade called the SP22S, which is a conventional 550mm blade with an aero spoiler already installed. I have one installed on the driver's side of my NSX and it deals with rain at speed just fine.

For some reason the passenger side is less susceptible to aero effects, and so either standard or aero blades are OK, but the spoiler does seem to be an essential requirement for the driver's side.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll give one of these a try.
    Wix

note, once you have a bosch spoiler wiper blade, when it has worn out you can unclip the spoiler from the wiper and fit it to a new unspoilered (read cheaper) blade
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

New Bosch blade bought & fitted & a good tip Jon.

Secondhand item no longer required.
    Wix