Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08/May (Sun) - Supercar Sunday, Silverstone 500, British GT Championship

Blog Entries

Default 08/May (Sun) - Supercar Sunday, Silverstone 500, British GT Championship

It's back for 2022, the Supercar Sunday at the Silverstone 500.

Just got the email from Silverstone.
    One of my favorite event that didn't happen over the last 2 years.

If following the same format as before, very casual gathering and you just park behind the paddock cafe on first come first basis.

Registration required and if approved, free 2 entry tickets per car plus the car pass.

Anyone can join, no PLI required but check T&C as there are prohibited items/activity mentioned, not related to the nsxcb or thnoc.

Seems like the organisor may ask several cars to join the parade lap.

Registration link here; https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events...upercar-sunday

Kaz

Signed up. Thanks for sharing!
    2001 NSX-T Manual in Imola Orange Pearl
    1994 Honda VFR400R NC30 in Castrol Colours

Signed up...been a while since I've made an event, be good to
    Catch with some old and new faces..

Kaz, Paul,

Have you been emailed by Silverstone with confirmation of acceptance yet? Nothing noticed my end.

Max
    2001 NSX-T Manual in Imola Orange Pearl
    1994 Honda VFR400R NC30 in Castrol Colours

Blog Entries

Nothing yet and won't be surprised.

For large event like F1 and MotoGP, they work throughout the year in the background.
    However, for the smaller events, most likely they will focus on the immediate future event.

They are having so many events this year and almost something happening every weekend.
    Just had the Superbike event over the Easter weekend.
    Therefore, we may not hear from them until early May.

I discussed similar subject with other owners last month because in the past, we used to get confirmation email almost immediately after the application.

However, with their new website design, you will only see brief message stating that 'your application was successful' at the end of the process and if you missed it, you won't receive anything, not even an automated confirmation email.

For your reference, I contacted them towards the end of March as few owners asked me similar question like yours.
    Contacted them at [ enquiries@silverstone.co.uk ] with my name, make/model of the car to see whether they received my application or not and within few days, they confirmed it.

Normally, not busy event but I'm quite sure they are getting similar questions from many owners of different marque so let's give them some time, wait and see for the car pass arrival.

Different venue/organisation but for one of the event at Brands Hatch last year, we only got the car pass about 4 days before the actual event day.
    Not great for those wishing to book a hotel....

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 21-04-2022 at 09:08 PM. Reason: typo, extra info

Ticket/Car Pass received by e.mail today.

Likewise! Good spot Duncan, it landed in my junk. See you there.

Blog Entries

Thank you for the updates, duncan and FlyNavy.

The car park is the same as the previous years, the one next to the Woodcote Café.
    Enter from the Main gate and you just park where the official asks you to in random order.

Checked with Silverstone and this year, the access to the hospitality suites is only for the team and the team's guests.
    Understandable as it's indoor setting.

Hope the weather is kind to us.

Kaz

9. Default

I aim to get there around 8:45 - look forward to seeing you in the parking area - 4 cars! :-)
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by FlyNavy View Post
    Kaz, Paul,

Have you been emailed by Silverstone with confirmation of acceptance yet? Nothing noticed my end.

Max
    Sorry no reply FlyNavy....my wife decided to fall off her horse and end up in hospital, 8 weeks later things getting better. Looks like I may not make it this weekend, even after receiving confirmation, alternator has decided to give up, not bad as first time the car has let me down in over 20 years of ownership. Hope you have a good day, hope to catch up soon.
    PG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast